My Garmin Zumo 550 has worked well for 5 months but now it does not respond to the touch screen properly. Initially the buttons responded as if I were touching to the left of where I actually was. It has gotten so bad that the unit is now unusable. When I touch a button another one lights up but nothing happened.
I am not aware of any way to recalibrate the screen.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: touch screen not working properly
I'm not familiar with the Zumo family of GPS from Garmin, but if they are similar enough to the StreetPilot, you should be able to recalibrate the screen. In the StreetPilot series, to recalibrate you turn the unit off. Press and hold the bottom right of the screen and turn the unit on. Keep pressing the screen until the calibration information begins. Try this, see if it works on the Zumos, too.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a common problem with zumos that I and friends have. It is a real pain but pulling the battery and putting it right back in works. Sometimes for a week sometimes for a month never kno. I wore out the special screw on the battery and went to a 4m plilps hed screw as garmin does not have a screw available.
Try the car charger as well. Be sure the charger you are using is in fact working and making proper contact. metimes the uit takes awhile to respond if the battery is flat. Remove the batery and re-insert before trying again.
Assuming that you cannot switch it off and on again, try removing the battery for a couple of minutes before re installing. Failing that a cold reboot my work ..... with the unit switch off press and hold the bottom right corner of the touch screen and the press the power button. The Zumo splash screen should appear....continue to hold the botton right corner until the reset default screen instrution appear and follow them. This has work in the passed.
If you have recently download a latest software via the Garmin web updater this can sometimes cause conflicts and you may need to re-install a prervious version. from the Garmin link attached.
I have recently purchased a Zumo 550 and successfully copied across selected phone book entries from a Nokia N95 without the need to use any additional apps:-
1) Assuming the N95 and Zumo are paired via BlueTooth
2) In N95 Contacts - use 'Mark' / 'Mark All' as necessary to select the contact entries you wish to transfer to the Zumo 550
3) In N95 Contacts - select 'Options' then 'Send Business Card' then 'Via Bluetooth'
4) Select the Zumo 550 device from the list of paired Bluetooth devices
5) Contact data is transferred from N95 phonebook to Zumo 550 phonebook
Interestingly, Garmin don't seem to list the Nokia N95 as being a supported device on their website, but the above process worked for me!!
There is an ISSUE with the DEAD ZUMO, however some of the are solved, and some need to be shipped back.
There are a couple of options.
1) remove the battery, keep power button pressed for a few minutes. install battery, try.
2) fully recharge the battery with the wall charger, try
3) With a fully charged battery, press and hold the + button and press the power button(hard reset).
4) hold thumb firmly on top left of touch screen and hold power button till it switches on(hard reset).
5) Try a different battery (fully charged)
6) Ship it to Garmin