Question about Computers & Internet
I haven't touched a single setting in my computer but I went to connect to a web conversation and my computer simply says "Camera not found". Its not even there in the hardware. What may have happened and how do I fix it?
Try reinstalling your camera driver
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
I’ve faced with this problem on changing my preinstalled Win XP Home to XP Professional.
Well, as you know Asus do not provide separate driver for camera. It can be explained very simple - it does not exist at all as separate driver/package.
To install your camera under Win XP you should have SP2 or SP3 installed (I’ve done it with SP3).
Here are steps to do it:
1) Check in Eee PC BIOS that the device is ENABLED
2) When Windows XP SP3 is started just call ‘Computer Management’ (right click on your ‘My Computer’)
3) Switch to ‘Device Manager’
4) Find you Camera 2.0 device there (it will be displayed as device with errors if it is enabled in Eee PC BIOS)
5) Right click on that device and call ‘Update Driver’ from pop-up menu
6) On this moment ‘Hardware Update Wizard’ should be displayed for Camera 2.0 device
7) Choose ‘Install the software automatically’ (Recommended) option
8) Driver will be retrieved from windows folder and installed.
Well, If all is ok your camera should be installed without any problems and will appear in Windows Explorer devices list.
Note: If found this by myself and it works for me. In case if you haven’t succeeded with camera install you can try to select an option to find suitable driver automatically via Internet (in ‘Hardware Update Wizard’).
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Acer Crystal Eye Web Cam
This is a common problem for Acer models using Crystal Eye. Delete the web cam from Add or remove programs. Delete all pictures from My Documents. Reinstall Bison Web cam driver. Will work!!!
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 22, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
1,203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!