I was sitting in my kitchen and my microwave came on automatically and would not shut off I eventually had to open up the door to make it stop. I tried to unplug it to with hopes of resetting it, but that don't work either. What do you recommend that I do to solve the matter?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have a Kitchen Aid Model # KEMS308SSS02 and I getting the follow error message... is working and was always working but the top microwave/oven does not work. ...Kitchen Aid Oven Model # KEMS308SSS02 error msg - Lost Err/ F6 E0/ ... Most "F6/E0" fault codes is usually because of a loose wire connections, loss of ...
Hi .. your problem is most likeliy inside the microwave itself. I would replace it. Or you can take it to a shop that does repairs to get a diagnoses and estimate .. but replacement might be the less costly.
I would suggest having whoever installed the new appliances come back and check out his work. There might be a poorly made electrical connection somewhere, and you might have a potential fire hazard.
You might also have gotten a lemon microwave oven. This happens sometimes. (Usually when I buy something.) Contact the store where you purchased it and ask if they have a service person who can check it, or just tell them what's happening and you want a replacement. They'll just return yours to the manufacturer.
In any case, have this checked out to be sure your wiring isn't at fault.
Obvious thing is to try plugging in a different receptacle to verify if it might be bad wiring in your kitchen. Make sure to use a different circuit, maybe in different room. If it is the circuit, then likely cause is those plugs with push in back wiring. Replace with ones that wire screws to.
Never run the microwave without a load (something to heat)!!! That kills the microwave generating parts.
Sounds like a 'thermal' protect switch is activating after running. Make sure that (if the unit is mounted in a cabinet) that there is sufficient space around the unit for proper air flow and that nothing is blocking the vents. Try setting it on a counter top and heat something. If it works properly and doesn't shut off, the venting space is the problem. You may have to have the cabinet that it sits in redesigned for more clearance.