Hello, my garmin forerunner isn't powering on anymore, the battery had one bar left so i charged it, the next day it wouldnt turn on, so i charged it again, and yes the charging screen will appear. Although my garmin will not turn on, any idea how i can power it back on?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That unit is probably 7-10 years old... it probably has a dead battery. either buy a new one or get out your special screw driver kit to see if the one inside can be ordered from someone like Batteries+ or Amazon.com
Power supply damage is most likely and depending on cost of the unit itself may or may not be worth fixing---kind of like hooking a radio up backwards on a 12 volt system--damage is INSTANT and sometimes fatal.
Did you mean the Forerunner 205? It is most likely that the battery has died in the unit or there may be a problem with the battery charger. The internal battery in the Forerunner 205 is not user replaceable and the unit would need to go back to a Garmin repair for replacement. Please call Garmin Tech Support for assistance. 1-800-800-1020
Contact Garmin at 1-800-800-1020. You can order the cradle part for your Forerunner 201 for $6.54 plus $8.00 shipping. You can also get the complete charger on Ebay as low as $20.50 including shipping. Thats the best I could find.
You might be able to get the unit to power on by re-installing the unit software. Get the Garmin WebUpdater to install the current version again, which will reset the device into the on state once it's done.
Hey everyone. Just called Garmin and got it fixed. Sometimes the forerunner goes into power saver mode and needs to be reset
1. Hook up the usb cable and docking station to the computer.
2. Next, hook up your forerunner to the Docking station - It should pop up saying battery charging in progress
3. Leave it all hooked up and Hold the Mode and Lap/Reset Button together for 15 seconds - screen should go blank.
4. Let both go - should pop back up saying battery charging in progress.
5. Let Charge 20 minutes and it should be good to go.
I had the same problem and this is what Garmin had me do. Charge it for 3 hours then try the reset again by holding RESET and POWER at the same time for 30 seconds. If still no-go the unit will have to be repaired. Garmin's base fixing price is about 80 dollars. I didn't want to pay that so I found a new one on eBay for 50 bucks.