- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes this is possiable. First you need to unplug the power to the Motorola and the new router. Second connect the ethernet cable from the Motorola to the internet port on your second router. This port may be colored in yellow, marked as modem, or the ethernet port by its self. Third connect a ethernet cable from the new router to a desktop or laptop this is only to configure the new router. Next power on the Motorola and wait for the online light to become solid. Then plug in the power to the new router. Give the router about two minutes to obtain ip address from the motorola then try to get on the internet with the pc connected with the ethernet cable. Now you can run the new router setup cd on the wired pc to setup router. Once completed remove ethernet cable to the pc and connect to either network you have and you are good to go. Any questions just ask.
that 2wire only works with DSL services, if you are using cable internet then no it wont work. If the surfboard digital voice is just a VOIP router then yes, plug the surfboard into one of the ethernet ports on the back of the 2wire.
You need to properly configure the wireless settings of your computer. Make sure to disable the firewall on your computer like windows firewall or any other firewall. Now make sure that you have entered the correct wireless security key on your wireless settings. Go to control panel > network connections > right click wireless network connections > properties. Go to Wireless Networks tab and remove all the Preferred Networks there. Go to Add and proceed to adding manually your wireless settings.
The only thing that you need to setup on your Linksys for it to work with cable is to make sure that DHCP is enabled on the router. You will need to plug your router into the modem via the ethernet cable and then plug your neighbors pc into a link port on the router (the cable modem plugs into the internet port) You will also need to follow the reboot procedure. Power everything off.
1: Turn on the surfboard and wait about 1 minute for the surfboard to make a connection with your ISP (the link light should come on).
2:Turn on your router and wait for your router to sync up with the surfboard .
3: Turn on your computer.
Whenever you plug anything into a cable modem, you must recycle power to the modem. It "remembers" the last device that was plugged into it, so it's memory needs to be cleared.
i doubt it will work. most times the cable companies give you a modem/router all in one box. the problem is there in no inbound connection to recieve an internet signal other than the cable cord connection.
with the dsl modem you will need a seperate router. they cost around $40-50 on avg
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.