Ac adapter to my ibm t30 seems to be not working. when I plug in the adapter to laptop I see a battery icon on the task bar. I checked with my friends adapter no battery icon on the task bar. so, my adapter broke. it it happens.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Thefollowing three conditions should be met for you to use a charger safely.
1)Output Voltage is within +/- 5% of your old charger's output. For example, ifyour old charger provides 19.5V, then you can use a charger that provides 20.5Vor 18.5V. 2) Output Current is the same or higher than that of your old charger. For example, ifyour original adapter provides 3.42 Amps, then you can use a charger thatprovides 3.42 Amps, 3.9 Amps or higher. 3) Connector tip must fit securely into your laptop.Pleasecheck carefully before using nx9110 adapter on t30.
Remove all power sources(battery and AC adapter) from the laptop. With the power source out, press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds. Then, power on the laptop using the AC adapter only. If this does not work, issue might have something to do with the motherboard.
There could e a problem with the battery. A fast check to determine whether you have a problem with the power
adapter, power cord or the laptop's battery is to turn off the laptop,
remove the battery, connect the power adapter, turn on the laptop &
see if it works. If the laptop works directly from the power adapter
with the battery removed, then the power adapter is good. In this case
we can suspect that the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
Try also to reseat the main components of the notebook: the battery, the AC adapter, the memory modules, & the hard drive. After that try switching it on & see if the problem was fixed.
You might try cleaning the battery compartment. Makeing sure there are no damaged pins. Often times even a single messed up pin will cause this. Also this is a very good indication of adaptor failure. If you haven't allready I suggest getting another ac adapter specific to you machine. Even a substitute will casue the same issue you are now experianceing.
there is a switch in the plug end to the back of your comp its like a little swinging door that when you unplug out of back of comp this switch engages battery now if you unplug just from wall its going to see these 2 things the doors not shut but i have to keep working so it sets aside the plug still recognizing it of course but running off the battery trying to still find out why the powers not there but the plug is still plugged in and it will continually search until it reaches its falt point of dead battery
its like a battery backup for your system it gets unplug but wants to know where the power is
now in reference to the little swinging door i call it its a power over relay in your comp for some reason its not closing properly to allow battery to run by self
this is usually just a switch that needs adjusted in the motherboard configuration
Here is the steps that you may try Disconnect the AC adaptor, take the battery out, press the power button and hold about 7 second. Connect the AC adaptor and turn the unit on. If issue persists please post for further diagnostic.
It may have a faulty motherboard or it is stuck in hibernation.
To take it from hibernation you need to licate the CMOS battery, know this is where the problem starts.
The battery (Small disc shaped, probably covered with tape.) could be underneath the notebook.
If you turn it over there should be compartments where the memory harddrive etc reside, it could be in those places or even under the keyboard.
If you are not too sure as you have to be very carefull, take it to a qualified repairer.