Question about Uniden TCX905 Cordless Accessory Handset and Charger Phone
Hello. I have a Uniden TRU9466 base and I cannot seem to register my tru9465-2 model handset to it. I was told that both the bases use the same model handsets and are interchangeable. I've tried holding down the "#" key while the base is in registration mode, and I've tried placing the handset in the base. All registration information has been cleared according to the instructions. What's going on?
Same manual as lethean provided on a similar post but Page 24 if the previously used Base is Unavailable and your phone shows "Deregistration" in the Menu.
Base Unavailable (Handset Only)
To clear the base registration data in the handset, please follow these steps:
Press and hold  and [#] for more than 5 seconds. Select the BASE UNAVAILABLE submenu.
BASE UNAVAILABLE appears. Move the cursor to select YES, and then press the OK soft key.
ARE YOU SURE? appears. Move the cursor to select YES. Press the OK soft key.
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
You need to simultaneously hold down the red hangup and # buttons for about five seconds or until the handset says de-registered. You can then put the handset into the base unit and it will registere.
I had this problem myself on two Uniden TCX905 phones and that was the solution. I couldn't find it in the manual but verified it with Uniden support.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
The TRU9465 is a SINGLE LINE phone system whereas the TRU9466 is a TWO LINE phone system.
The handsets included w/ the TRU9465-2 look like the TCX905, but they're not. Remove the BATTERY COVER and BATTERY, then look at the inside label. The model # wil likely be "TRU9465," not "TCX905."
Uniden, unfortunately, has programmed the expansion handsets from SINGLE LINE TRU9xxx phone systems to NOT REGISTER against DUAL LINE TRU9xxx BASE SYSTEMS (i.e. TRU9466, TRU9496, etc.).
This is a deliberate and intentional behavior on Uniden's part. Those same handsets from SINGLE LINE phone systems register fine against predecessor TWO LINE Uniden BASE model TRU8866, where both LINE1 and LINE2 of those handsets work fine when registered to a TRU8866 base.
Uniden sucks for having deliberately crippled TCX9xxx handsets (included with SINGLE LINE base systems) against two line TCX9xxx base systems.
Note: It seems the only real difference between the handsets in the "single line" and "dual line" models is the firmware version. If anybody knows how to upgrade the firmware of the TCX9xxx expansion handsets to the version used by the dual line handsets, that should solve the problem. I have no idea how to perform that firmware upgrade though (or where to find the firmware itself).
Posted on Mar 19, 2010
Another possible issue is that your base needs to be reset clearing any previously attached headsets from their registration. To do this, follow the instructions below:
1. Disconnect the power from the base
2. Hold down the following three (3) keys: [dnd] + [middle soft key] + [*]
3. While holding down the keys, plug in the base (hold the keys down until you hear a long beep).
According to Uniden Technical Support, this is supposedly all it takes to reset the phone.
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
The replacement handset MUST be deregistered prior to registering to your existing base. I kept receiving "Out Of Range" messages. None of the other solutions worked for me, but I *WAS* able to successfully DE-register the handset, then RE-register to my old base. This is what I did:
1. As said before, simultaneously hold down the handset red hangup and # buttons for about five seconds.
2. You will see 2 options. Base Unavailable, and Deregister HS. Select the "Base Unavailable", press OK
3. The handset prompts "Base Unavailable?", select "Yes", press OK.
4. The handset prompts "Are you sure?", select "Yes", press OK.
5. The handset displays "handset deregistered".
Now you can go through the normal steps of registering to your existing base.
1. At the base, select "Menu", "Register Handset", and the base prompts you to press the # key on the handset.
2. Press the # key for two seconds. The handset will display "Registering Handset", a tone will be heard on both the handset and base, and the handset will register.
Posted on Oct 16, 2015
SOLUTION for registering new TCX905's to a TRU9496 Base.
1. First, remove the battery cover on your unregistered TCX905 and look under the battery to confirm that you indeed purchased a TCX905 because some Uniden handsets were packaged as 905's but were not.
2. Take the fully charged unregistered 905 to the base unit TRU9496.
3. On the TRU 9496 base unit press "Menu" then select "Registration" and press OK
4. You should get the message "press the # key on the remote handset".
5. Depress the "#" key on the unregistered 905 and it should register.
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2011 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Mar 04, 2011 | Cell Phones
Feb 22, 2011 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Feb 05, 2011 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Sep 21, 2010 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
May 09, 2010 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Mar 23, 2010 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Feb 24, 2010 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Jun 29, 2009 | Uniden TRU9466 Cordless Phone
Jun 14, 2009 | Uniden 5.8GHz Dual Cordless Phone
2,654 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!