Question about Maxtor Hard Drive
I have been trying to get help since afternoon with no success.
I installed a 2nd HDD after the original hard drive ran out of space even after I had deleted some files. The 2nd (newly installed) HDD was partitioned using Windows XP and the system can detect it during booting.
My problem now is that I can't load anything onto this new hard drive which is installed as a slave.
My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
Please help before my computer crashes.
So u;re saying that when u try to save what ever u're working on
the system tells u that it is to full !? This does not mean that
the system does not use both drives (u just didn't tell it what to do with the new one ...) !!!
- well u can try to move u;re work (not the software itself) on the new disk, and so it will free up the old disk (the one with the OS on it)
- u can try to reinstall the software on the new larger partitions on the new drive, and work there.
-but the best ting wold be to reinstall windows and all software on the larger disk (u can first try to just copy all data from u;re current C drive to a larger partition on the new disk (the partition that is set as active (so the system to know to boot from it)) and make this harddrive the primary one ...) (if the new disk is faster than the older drive, than u;re system will work a little faster ...)
- and another thing that u can do is to attach the new drive to the old one, so that the system would see just one big drive (the sum of the old and new one ! ) BUT this is very risky couse' u can lose all u're data if an error ocures, or if one drive dies...
If i still don't get what u really want ... tell me ...
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
Simple, if your hardware is working all OK do this:
AND DO THIS CUZ WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION lacks of the needed administrative tools.
Go to the net and find PARTITION MAGIG or PARTITION MANAGER... download the windows version of any of those and partition the HD with them.
1. PARTITION MUST BE LOGICAL, NOT PRIMARY
2. PARTITION MUST BE NTFS (Windows XP version) that you will see in Partition Magic options...
3. If you format from Windows, disk must be intitialized as BASIC type.
if you do this and you suceed the HD will work, if not, it has a problem, either logical or physic.
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2010 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Jun 03, 2010 | Seagate Notebook Hard Drives: 40GB...
Dec 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 13, 2009 | Quantum Fireball Lct20 (QML20000LD-A) 20...
Jun 11, 2009 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500 GB SATA Hard...
May 15, 2009 | Quantum Fireball Lct20 (QML20000LD-A) 20...
Jan 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 10, 2008 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Sep 22, 2007 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: