I plugged my IPOD to my car charger but forgot to select the voltage switch to "USB". It was set at 9V when i plugged in my IPOD. I felt the unit become warm and then hot and since then it isn't working.
will the fix be something simple or more elaborate - like replacing the motherboard ?
I have repaired various ipods many times and found that things like this tend to be motherboard related. Can you smell any odd burning smell from the unit?
Depending on where you live, you may find a shop that can open it for you and do a visual inspection to confirm failure. If you feel adventurous yourself, you may want to try opening it up and doing that inspection.
If the board is dead, you may find a board for sale on eBay or a more secured online ipod parts retailer. In any of these cases, sending it back to Apple (unless you are under warranty) will cost you more than buying a new ipod.
Let me know if you need more info.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
<p>The battery of an iPod Touch prepared for use in the United
States is designed to be reloaded from the current supplied by a 110-volt
electrical system. Power is transmitted to the battery charger with an iPod
battery, which are connected via a USB cable and then connected to a 110 volt
outlet. To use the power of a 220 volt outlet with an iPod Touch, set the
current 220 volts to 110 volts. A conversion adapter voltage, also known as
"Step Down Transformer," it is necessary and can be obtained from an
electronics store, a hardware store and even some drug stores. <br />
<p>1. Place the 220-110 voltage converter card (aka, "Step
Down Transformer") next to a 220 volt outlet. Plug the adapter into the
outlet. <br />
<p>2. Connect the end of a USB cable to the USB connector USB
iPod charger iPod. Connect the other end of USB cable into your iPod's own
socket on the bottom of the iPod Touch. <br />
<p>3. Plug the iPod into the 110 volt outlet in the battery
adapter for the iPod Touch. <br />
<p>4. Unplug the charger from the iPod adapter and the adapter
from the outlet when the battery is charged. Unplug the USB cable from the iPod
charger and iPod Touch. <br />
Could be variable reasons -> If you're using generic brand chargers or charger adapter (these have various voltage settings on them and numerous tips for insertion into charging location on unit). This is often an issue with regular cell phones as well. If you don't use the same brand charger (or at the least, one of the reputable 3rd party manufacturers, ex: Belkin)...Most importantly, make sure the charger output matches input of the phone. If you're unsure, check you owners manual for specifications. Do the same for your charger specification. If it's quicker to use the internet. Search the net for your phone model. This also includes the info you need for the charger...Depending on the age of the battery and/or the tablet/e-reader. Again, there could be many variables
Hi - As per original question, NOT A TV, the LEDAB0701 is an ASDA Durabrand DAB Radio, so no remote! Just hit this problem - and found a work-around. Sound always worked - display and backlight failed. Could not spring radio apart - as well as the screw in the battery compartment - there seems an anchor the other end that defeated me. I run off the supplied Power supply and rechargeable batteries. The batteries ran down and I plugged the psu and display came back - for a few minutes! The sealed Power Supply unit (psu) is probably unregulated non-switched mode type. It gave 15.6v unloaded. Unregulated psu's normally run 1.4x nominal voltage with no load and are pulled down to the nominal voltage as the load current is taken (i.e. ASDA psu should have been 9v x1.4 =12.6v not 15.6v).
Seems the radio is sensitive to high psu voltage as when I ran off a regulated psu - problem partly went away. Regulated means you get whatever voltage you set whether no load, half load or full rated load.
Also once switched off fault appears the internal batteries were keeping the display off setting. I used a 12v 1A variable regulated psu. It has 9v, 6v, 5v settings. 5v is too low. 6v works when already running but it needs 9v to start. However the problem is that the display will still switch off if I run for a long time on 9v, so I have to switch down to 6v. Alternative, start on battery and plug in 6v works [6xAA=7.2v nominal, range: 8.5v down to 6v]. Seems some internal components of radio or psu have drifted/become faulty.
You need a positive center/hole polarity. Ideally aim at 500mA or greater replacement psu. Ideally use a variable one so it can be used for other things if your problem is different and this is not the solution. If you have an unregulated variable psu (400mA or greater) try running at 6v (will be higher but perhaps not too high) then switch to 4.5v or 5v (again will be 1.4x higher) but make sure it is set to positive centre/hole.
Try running the battery all the way down by letting the vacume run in a corner or another room and even when it stops leave it on for a hour to drain the battery. Then shut the switch off and try charging the battery. Make sure the charger is putting out enough volts by looking at the rated output of the charger and while it is plugged in check it with a volt meter. If it does not hold a charge and the charger is putting out the right voltage you need to purchase a new battery for the vacume
Just about any AC to USB charger will work to recharge this unit, so if you have an iPod with the iPod wall charger, use the correct USB cable with the wall charger and you will be able to recharge the battery in the camcorder.
Get a USB wall charger. These are AC adapters that plug directly into the outlet. You then plug the USB from your MP3 into the port on the adapter.
Charge your MP3 player on the go. There are also charging kits that plug into the cigarette lighter or power plug in your car. These kits come with a DC power adapter that has a port on the end for you to plug in your MP3.
Acquire Apple iPod specific chargers. When you need to charge your iPod music player through an outlet, look for the Universal USB car charger or the Universal USB travel charger made specifically for Apple products.
Make sure that you have your player on a power strip or surge protector so that if you get a surge you wont fry your player.