Question about Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
I don't know how to use the Espresso Mio coffee maker. I inheritted it and there were no directions.
Can you help me?
Be sure the red rubber gasket is in place and clean (ridge side in) and bottom water cup is screwed firmly on to avoid leaking.
HOW TO USE:
1) Fill the bottom water cup with cold water up to the inside lip.
2) Set funnel into bottom water cup
3) Fill coffee basket with expresso grind coffee and level off. (Do not tamp or pack). Make sure it's filled to the top.
4) Place filter onto coffee basket and set coffee basket into funnel
5) Place brewer over bottom water cup and screw firmly into place.
6) Place unit with lid in the center of a microwave oven set on high for 1-1/2 minutes. If boil over occurs, reduce the brew time in 10-second increments until no boil over occurs.
7) Grasp handle to remove unit from microwave when finished brewing.
8) Remove lid and check the level of espresso in the brewer cup. Standard brew is at least 2 oz. If you don't have this level brew, replace lid and microwave on high another 10 seconds. Wait 20-30 seconds for bubbling to stop.
1. Under cold running water, unscrew the bottom water cup. CAUTION: It is normal for some water to be left in the bottom water cup. Both the coffee basket and any water in the bottom water cup will be extremely hot! If you prefer, allow the unit to cool for at least 3 minutes before unscrewing it.
2) To brew additional espresso, rinse Funnel, coffee basket and filter, then repeat brewing steps 1-8 above.
3) Parts are top rack dishwasher-safe -- hand washing filter is recommended.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
The .pdf of directions/instructions is located here:
Posted on Apr 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2012 | Magimix L'Expresso Espresso Machine
Jul 29, 2011 | Breville Fresca BES860 2Cup Coffee Maker
Feb 25, 2011 | Black & Decker (050876530606)
Apr 15, 2010 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Feb 05, 2010 | Lavazza Espresso Point Capsule Machine
Feb 08, 2009 | Grindmaster Pourover Brewer - 18
Sep 06, 2006 | Faberware FCP412 Coffee Maker
4,120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!