Please try the following steps below;
To make a router connection to Xbox LIVE:
- Before you
connect any cables, turn off your router, modem, PC, and Xbox 360
console. (Unplug your modem from its power source to turn it off.)
Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your modem
and the other end to the Ethernet input port on the back of your
- With another Ethernet cable, connect one end to one
of the router's Ethernet output ports. Connect the other end to your
PC's Ethernet port.
- With the third Ethernet cable, connect
one end to another of the router's Ethernet output ports. Connect the
other end to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox 360 console.
- Turn on your modem, then your router, then your PC.
Make sure your PC can access the Internet. If not, you may need to
configure the router for Internet access. For help configuring the
router using your PC, check the instructions that came with the router.
- Turn on your Xbox 360 console and sign in with your profile.
- If this is the first time you've turned on your Xbox 360 console, see Create Your Gamer Profile to get started with both the Xbox 360 system and Xbox LIVE play.
If you're unable to connect to Xbox LIVE, you can try to diagnose the problem right on your console. Go to My Xbox
and open System Settings
, then select Network Settings
(setup XBOX using Automatic Configuration DHCP), Test Xbox LIVE Connection
Hope this helps!