The problem is the push-on connector on the UPPER door-latch
switch; if the white plastic around this connector is brown (burning), the
connection is going bad.
Cut the three white wires back about 1 inch and strip; obtain a new
push-on and solder the three white wires into it-- a crimp is NOT
sufficient for three wires into this little connector (defective design). Also clean the two
blade on the switch before reconnecting as the heat has likely left a burnt coating.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like the magnetron is overheating. There can be several causes:
- the vents are blocked - the outside outlet of the air duct is damaged or has an animal nest in it - the filters need to be cleaned (if grease filters) or replaced if charcoal filters - the magnetron is failing
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating
If you don't find yours,
or if you want to look at it without disassembling the oven, you can
possibly download it here.
our Web site, we have a video
available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
You can find links to helpful exploded view
diagrams and part ordering help
here. I recommend that you bookmark that
link to your favorites.
Please note that FixYa is not currently notifying us Experts when Clarification Requests are answered.
To allow us to help you effectively (at no charge), please post a NEW problem to FixYa, and please
include your brand name and the full model number from the tag in or on
the unit, as well as your detailed symptoms.
Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong? A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt. Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave? A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace. Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button. A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.
One of my friend who can fix almost anything is coming once a year to fix all that is broken and not working. It has become a yearly routine. This works out way more cheaper than trying to fix all these "wonderful" appliances myself!
There are two main possibilities. The first is that the main circuit boards in the oven are not being properly cooled. The second is that there arere are some components that have become thermo sensitive, and are acting with heat.
Check to make sure that the vent fan is working properly. Check to see if the vent hole in the rear of the oven is clogged with a lot of dust. If there is dust, clean it out.