The Hand Set is not connecting to the base unit so no call can be established from the hand set.
However, base unit is working fine and can make calls with the help of base unit only......
Most of the features are given in Hand Set which cannot be used as the link is not there with the base unit. Please help me , what's the possible problem that the hand set is not connecting to the base unit!!!?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your connections on hand set and base. Wiggle the handset on base to see if handset starts charging... If it does.. clean your connections or you have loose solder connections either in hand set or Base Unit.. Give that a try..
This is because the extra handset might have not been registered with the base unit.The headset should be register to use the headset with that base unit.
To register the handset to base unit please follow the instruction:-
On registration the handset is allocated a handset number for use on the new base unit, the handset numbers are 1-5.
1. Press and hold on the base unit until starts flashing. Registration mode will remain active for approximately 3 minutes. 2.Press and hold both together until you hear a long beep.
3.Select the base unit you wish to register by pressing the corresponding number button 1-4. 4. When PIN is displayed, enter the units PIN number (0000 for this model). 5. If the registration is successful the handset will return to standby mode in a few seconds. Thanx
You have not mentioned the model but it is for sure that your phone inter communication has failed. Hence the base and the hand set is not locking on. Remove off all the leads and clean the base terminal charging points. open the hand set and reset the battery, dry off any residue of water moisture on the front panel of the hand set. now connect back and lock it in to see if the set latches. If not check if the power outage had caused a failure in the base unit DC input. check the area for +5 volt to processor , optocoupler and sub circuits. also checck the battery of your hand set for low voltage as it would have gone below the threshold level of charging. Test the voltage, if not replace the battery and set . it must work then. Helpful? Good day
If “No link to base. Move closer to base, try again.” is displayed
even when using the handset near the base unit, the handset may have lost communication with the base unit. You need to re-register the handset to the base unit.
• Make sure the base unit is not being used.
• Have both handsets and base unit nearby during registration.
• Follow steps 1–3 listed below. You have about 1 minute to complete them.
• Confirm the extension number of the handset which has lost the communication by placing the handset on the base unit or charger.
If you re-register the handset using the other handset’s extension number, the other handset will not function.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1.
• You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
1 Base unit: Press and hold [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] until a beep sounds.
• The CHARGE indicator flashes.
2 Base unit: Press the extension number  (handset symbol 1 ) or  (handset symbol 2) of the
handset which has lost the communication.
3 Handset: Press and hold [FLASH/CALL WAIT] until “Handset Registering” is displayed.
• When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset and the display shows the number. • Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete while the handset establishes communication with the base unit.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1. • You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
you dont need to deregister it if you have not registered all 8 hand sets with your base unit. Just register the new one and the base will assign a new # for this new. I you had registered 8 hand sets with your base already, you need to remove(deregister0 one handset from your base(it can take only upt 8).
If it still not registering please deregister as follows:
on the base unit, press program, them mute, then enter 335#, then enter the handset number you wish to deregister.
after deregistering try to register your new hand set.
It is possible that you have maxed all of the headsets that can connect to the base. Yes, the base can support 10 headsets, but there is a small chance that in some way you registered more to the base or you purchased a base that had phone registered to it that are not in your possession. Either way, if the base is maxed out, you will not be able to register any additional headsets to it. The only option is to do a factory reset of the base unit if this happens to be the case. This is done as follows according to Uniden Tech Support:
1. Disconnect the power from the base
2. hold down the following three (3) keys: [dnd] + [middle soft key] + [*]
While holding down the keys, plug in the base (hold the keys down until
you hear a long beep). This is supposedly all it takes to reset the
The way to determine the number of hand sets tied to the phone is to press the intercom key on the base and scroll through the list of phones. if you see more than the number you anticipate still being tied to the base, you will have to utilize the above procedure.
Sounds like the RF (radio frequency) module may be bad.
If your battery is really old it could also be the problem, especially if the problem is more likely to happen after the phone has been off the charger stand for some time.