Question about Sewing Machines
I'm looking for a sewing machine manual for the kenmore model 158.14000. Do you have it available?
Type this in as you see it and don't worry about the word relics because it is just a name to get onto the page you want.
kenmore sewing machines relics
When the page comes up click on relics,
When the site comes up click on Kenmore and find your model.
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There's a website called managemyhome.com which is sponsored by Sears. It's free to join. Go to the Home Manager column and choose Owner's Manuals from the drop down menu.
You can type in the brand name (Kenmore) and model number of your machine. Not all of them are in there but, I did find the one for the 1950280 question. It's a pdf file.
For the 38516764 question, please double check your model number. I received either no response or a Kenmore Elite dishwasher manual in response to my query.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
Sure! Jenny at http://blog.sew-classic.com/categories/Sewing%20Machine%20Repair.aspx has several very good, in-depth articles about servicing your own machine, but here are the basic steps:
1. Take out the bobbin case and bobbin holder.
2. Take the needle plate off.
3. Brush out all the old lint in the bobbin area and under the needle plate. Remove any loose bit of thread.
4. Open the head of the machine (should swing open). Clean any lint or thread that's caught in there.
5. Locate your machine's oil ports and put one drop of sewing machine oil (only use sewing machine oil) in each of them. One drop is sufficient. General rule of thumb: Put one drop of oil wherever metal moves against metal.
6. Using unwaxed dental floss, floss the tension disks.
7. Put everything back together.
If you need a manual, I found one at http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals.com/173/InventoryPage/1834489/1.html.
Hope this is useful!
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2017 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Feb 03, 2016 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Nov 22, 2015 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Oct 17, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Jun 01, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Dec 02, 2014 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Jan 29, 2012 | Sewing Machines
May 17, 2011 | Sewing Machines
Aug 08, 2009 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
695 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: