I can **t get my computer to recognize my device ** matter what I do. It is about to make me crazy. I bought it from my sister and she had ** problems with it at all. If you can help me at all I would so love it. Thanks a lot.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
most of the mp3 players are recognized without installation cd itself. please answer me the following questions 1. are you using your mp3 player for the first time in your computer or you uninstalled the software and lost the cd .
2. what happens (or shown )in the screen of the player when you connect the device to your pc
Please make sure that you have your device on MTP mode (auto detect)..Then the computer should be able to recognize it...To make sure its working correctly uninstall it and reinstall it back from the computer..and that should solve the problem..let me know what the outcome..
Please rate accordingly
If your Sansa does not recognize MSC (Mass Storage Class) mode, then your PC will not be able to communicate properly to it.
Sandisk can fix it but you will have to email firstname.lastname@example.org, to ask them how to proceed from here.
Give them the following information:
1) Sansa device model
2) Firmware version on your device
3) What computer OS you have
4) Problem you're experiencing (what you've done)
Beta tester of "0"s and "1's"