Question about PC Desktops
If you are talking about a linksys router, the default password is admin, there is an article to set up the security features here:
If it's an other brand, let me know or check your documentation, it always tells you what's the default password.
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
In Ubuntu 9.04 click on the main icon and select Restart.
- If Ubuntu is the only operating system on your computer you'll need to tap the ESC key as the system boots.
- If you have a dual boot or multiple-boot system the menu should appear on its own.
- At the root level you'll get a boot menu. Select the one that says "recovery mode" and press Enter.
- Ubuntu continues to load until you reach the Recovery Menu.
- Arrow down to "
" which states Drop to root shell prompt with networking and press Enter.
- Now, at the root type "
" (where username is the account whose password you want to change) and press Enter.
- You'll be prompted to
enter a new password
- You will not see the password or any evidence that you are typing.
- Retype the password. If both passwords match you'll have successfully reset your password.
- Press Enter to continue booting into Ubuntu.
hope it helps
May 30, 2012 | PC Desktops
Jul 21, 2011 | PC Desktops
Dec 02, 2010 | PC Desktops
Oct 16, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jul 28, 2009 | PC Desktops
Nov 24, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 14, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 03, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 04, 2008 | PC Desktops
Apr 04, 2008 | PC Desktops
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!