I have an older moder eaton viking washing machine (duo wash system, heavy duty) and it has sucked a shirt under the agitator and I can't get it out. I was wondering if there is a way to lift the agitator to get the shirt out without breaking the machine.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Eaton Viking Washing Machine
Usually on these machines on the very top of the agitator is a snap-on lid, usually for adding bleach or fabric softener. Unsnap this lid and lift from the top of the agitator. Look down the hole and you should see some kind of nut or screw. Remove this item (make note as to how tight it is JUST AFTER it breaks free). Once this is removed, you should be able to lift the agitator out of the machine. Remove your shirt, and replace the agitator. Replace the nut or screw previously removed, and tighten approximately as tight as it was when removed. Don't over tighten. Replace snap-on lid.
With the unit apart, now might be a good time to clean any accumulated dirt or other foreign material.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washing machine is atop-loading clothes washer. The washer has several cycles to choose from,including cycles for washing normal clothes, permanent press items, delicateand items marked "Hand Wash." To do its job, thewashing machine relies on an agitator, located in the center of the wash tub.The agitator rotates during the wash cycle, moving the clothes around the washtub so that they are cleaned equally. If the agitator is broken, it will notsufficiently agitate the clothes and must be replaced.
·1 Unplug the washing machine from the wall outlet or turn off the power supplyin your service panel.
· 2 Open thewashing machine lid and remove any clothes remaining inside.
· 3 Remove thefabric softener cup by squeezing the bottom lip of the cup and lifting itstraight off.
· 4 Pry theagitator cap off of the top of the agitator with a flat-head screwdriver.
· 5 Remove thebolt at the bottom of the agitator, using the socket wrench with extension, andthen remove the agitator from the washing machine. Tip the agitator to removethe bolt and washer.
· 6 Install thenew agitator onto the drive shaft.
· 7 Secure thenew agitator with the bolt that you originally removed.
· 8 Press theagitator cap and fabric softener cup back into position on top of the newagitator.
· 9 Restore powerto the washing machine to complete the repair.
My Kenmore series 80 washer has sucked a shirt into the agitator and I cannot remove the agitator to free the shirt. How do I remove the agitator?. Do you have a diagram of the machine that I could look at to find it? The model is 238321000
On most Amana washers you pull on the agitator with brute force. It "snaps" on. It helps if you fill the washer with hot water and let it set for a few minutes... drain and then try pulling it out. When i last took apart my Amana it took me and a friend to pull the agitator off.
There is a screw near the base of the agitator. If it is missing replace it with a stainless steel screw. If this is a machine that is older than 25 years, you will have to replace the rubber ring on the agitator shaft.