Hello bought this iphone for my daughter xmas eve day at AT&T store. Phone has not been dropped and has not got wet. My daughter usually puts her iphone in her ihome and night and today she put her iphone in her cousins ihome and the screen went blank. Nothing. I've looked in the headphone jack for "the dot"; I must be blind but i don't see anything. Held down the buttons separately, together, charged for at least 10 minutes (the phone was fully charged when this happened), and plugged into USB and went to ITunes...don't know what else to try. ??? Only 2-1/2 months old? Is this typical?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you have not changed he password from the day you bought it, the password is the last four digits of your phone number by default. how eve if you lost your phone that won't help as you will now need to buy a new one.
<p>Owners and users of the Apple iPhone generally report loving the phone, but they also report frequent lock-ups where the screen suddenly freezes or goes black altogether. Some report success solving the problem with a soft reset or the holding down of the sleep/wake and home buttons for the 10 second reset requirement. If this does not work, a hard reset is required to bring the iPhone back to life.<br />
Update iTunes to version 7.4 or higher from the Apple website if you haven't already.
Connect the iPhone to your PC. You are automatically taken to the sync management page, and iTunes automatically begins syncing, or copying/backing-up the calendars, <a href="http://www.ehow.com/internet/">Internet</a> bookmarks, contacts and e-mail accounts stored on the iPhone. Sync everything on the phone or pick and choose from the menu you're given. Sync everything on the iPhone you don't want to lose, because a hard reset restores the iPhone to its original state and all data added since it was first taken out of the box is lost.
Go to the "Summary" tab at the top of the screen and select "Restore" from the drop-down menu.
Wait as the iPhone hard resets. The iPhone comes back up in it's original factory state and a prompt appears asking if you want to restore data settings.
Select "Yes" to restore the synced data to the iPhone.</li></ol>
your going to have to take it to a apple store and have them look at it if you bought it within a year apple care is on the iphone however try to buy apple care plus for 99 bucks and if you need a new phone it only will be 49 bucks to replace..
hello,ensure you are not clicking on the key wrongly,i would advice you put the phone off and on back to see if the problem stops.if it doesn't i would also advice you ensure you close any application you are not making use of.it could also be as a result of accumulated opening of applications.
if that does not stop the problem,i would suggest you get the phone flashed by a mobile phone authorized repair engineer around you.
wish you good luck,
2 solutions since there were 2 types of iPhone (Original and Jailbreak). It may or may not work. If any of them works, just share for others. It really annoyed you since u were too used to it with iPhone.
1. If its an Original iPhone, u legally bought it from Apple Store. Delete the application from your phone and iTunes as well. Download the latest version from Apple Store to your iTunes and sync to your phone. You could re-download Facebook App as well if u wish. Don't log in to FB. Only do when Bejeweled Blitz asks you to. (or) you could try the post by Kenex Lee at http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=40343401983&topic=20869#topic_top
2. If its a Jailbreak iPhone, it doesn't matter where did u download it. What you need to do is to use the SBSettings Power Reset Mode. When you press the 'Power' button the drop down menu let you choose things like "Reboot", "Power Off". "Safe Mode", "Lock", etc.. Choose "Safe Mode". It will restart and your phone boot up w/o all your settings. I mean whatever you've modified on your phone. Then you try to play the game. It should be able to log in and connect online through FB since its a safe mode like PCs. If this solve the problem, you may change back to all your jailbreak settings.
If its still not working, you might need to Jailbreak again or Restore with iTunes(iOS will upgrade to 4.3.2) and jailbreak again.
I wish this helps your problem. I am not very sure whether Original iPhone(no jailbreak) has an option "Safe Mode" since i jailbreak mine on the very day i collected it. Have fun! Live Happy! Nothing Last Forever!! ^_^
Plug it into iTunes with it at the unlock screen. Somewhere it should say "Unlock your iPhone" or something like that in iTunes. Click it. Otherwise do a restore by going to the screen where it shows how much memory you have used up in iTunes and click restore.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Thanks, Joe
Here is an iPhone Repair Guide that shows how to open an iphone. a and replace the glass. Once it is open it's as easy as prying the old glass off the front assembly and installing a new one, the parts are available on ebay.