How do i replace the hepa filter on a dyson dc18? I removed it and now I cannot put it back on.
It is very simple to change the filter and re-attach the canister. Once you have removed the main canister (the one that has the washable filter) you should see the plastic canister, which houses the Hepa Filter.
1) To make life easy, turn your vacuum around, so you are now looking at the back (where the hose and wand are).
2) Remove the hose and wand as you normally would, if you were going to use them. Just lay it on the floor.
3) Now that they are out of the way, you should see the grey plastic holder, towards the bottom (approx 6 inches above the red release peddle for the vacuum. It is attached to the vacuum with only 2 Phillips-Head screws, and was used to keep the hose in place.
4) Use a screwdriver to remove the screws (one one each side). Once it's removed you should easily beagle to change the Hepa Filter.
NOTE: Pay attention to where the 4 inverted latches on the canister are, and pay special attention to the fact that there is an extra latch on the canister, which faces the opposite direction of the others. It is this latch on the canister, which must be located through the back handle of the vacuum, since this was the main latch that was secured by the grey hose piece, which you first removed.
5) To reassemble the canister, line up the clips,especially the one that I just mentioned, and make sure the canister is flush against the base.
6) Now, reattach the hose securing piece that you originally removed, and the Hepa Filter and plastic canister should now be fully secured.
7) Place the hose and wand back into their original position and you should now be ready to vacuum.
I hope this was helpful.
May 29, 2012 |
Dyson Slim DC18 All Floors HEPA Bagless...