Question about RCA 14F512T 14" TV
The FPA is locked and won't allow us to use the controls on the TV and we don't have the original remote
SOURCE: FPA Lock
After doing a little research, it looke like the front panel lock , can only be removed from the parental control menu using your remote. If your universal remote does not get you into the menu, see if you can borrow a friends rca remote long enough to get you into your menu & remove the fpa.
Posted on Nov 03, 2006
If the front panel lock is on, you will need a working original remote (or a universal remote properly programmed for RCA) to turn the set on. The IR receiver is next to the buttons on the fromt but the RCA IR receivers are very reliable, and I have yet to see a bad one in a modern RCA TV. Once you turn the set on by remote, you can enter the menu and turn the FPA off.
Posted on Oct 06, 2007
SOURCE: FPA Locked ON
Most RCA and GE TV sets use a four digit code to control the v-chip. The code reset procedure is different depending on the model. Try each method until you find one that works:
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
SOURCE: I have a TruFlat RCA
Try this -
Posted on Apr 30, 2011
SOURCE: My RCA Truflat T.V won't
TV won't turn on • Press the TV button. Make sure the TV is plugged in.• Check the wall receptacle (or extension cord) to make sure it is "live" by plugging in something else.• Something might be wrong with your remote control. Press the POWER button on the front of the TV. If the TV turns on, check the remote control solutions on page 26.• The front panel controls may be locked (disabled). Use the remote control to unlock the front panel controls by selecting the Lock Fr. Panel in the PARENTAL CONTROL menu and press OK (box won't have check mark).Buttons don't work
• If you're using the remote control, press the TV button first to make sure the remote is in TV mode.• The front panel controls may be locked (disabled). Use the remote control to unlock the front panel controls by selecting the Lock Fr. Panel in the PARENTAL CONTROL menu and press OK (box won't have check mark).• Unplug the TV for two minutes and then plug it back in. Turn the TV on and try again.TV turns off unexpectedly • Sleep timer might have been activated. Go to page 24 for instructions.• KidPass might have been activated. Go to page 21 for instructions.• Wake-Up timer turned on the TV and no remote or front panel buttons were pressed for two hours.• Electronic protection circuit may have been activated because of a power surge. Wait 30 seconds and then
turn on again. If this happens frequently, the voltage in your house may be abnormally high or low.
• Unplug TV. Wait five minutes. Plug it in again.
Posted on Sep 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2012 | RCA 27F650T 27" TV
Mar 11, 2012 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Sep 24, 2011 | RCA 20F512T 20" TV
Sep 22, 2011 | RCA 24V511T 24" TV
Sep 01, 2011 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
1. Hold down the MENU button on the remote and VOLUME DOWN button on the TV it's self at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
2. Hold down the 0 (zero) button on the remote and the VOLUME DOWN button on the TV itself at the same time for at least 4 seconds. The set won't say so, but the lock will be unlocked
3. Hold down the MENU button on the front of the TV and the TV button on the remote at the same time for at least 4 seconds. 4- Hold down GO BACK button on the remote and MENU button on the front of the TV at the same time for at least 4 seconds.
Jun 27, 2011 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Apr 30, 2011 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Apr 21, 2011 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Dec 02, 2010 | RCA 27F530T 27" TV
Oct 02, 2007 | RCA 27F530T 27" TV
Aug 30, 2011 | RCA 14F512T 14" TV
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: