I will explain you the issue.
The notebook is preinstalled with a SATA hard drive which needs seperate drivers to be installed inorder to get the hard drive detected. The drivers for the SATA can be installed only by using a floppy drive. As the notebook does not have a floppy drive installed, we can either try disabling the SATA native support in BIOS or install the drivers with the help of a USB floppy drive.
If the USB floppy drive is not available, you have the alternative steps to install the SATA driver.
Please refer the following link to install SATA driver without the USB floppy drive:
If you have the Floppy drive you can install the SATA driver.
Just follow the below procedure:
Download the SATA driver:
1. Download the driver to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. A diskette containing the driver is created, and the driver files are also made available at c:\swsetup\sp37005. If you choose to cancel diskette creation, you will need to copy the driver files to the chosen media.
NOTE: A USB diskette (floppy) drive is required to use this driver. If an external USB diskette drive is used, ensure that it is plugged into the system before starting Step 1.
1. Insert the operating system CD, and Power On the notebook to boot
from the CD.
2. At the very beginning of the operating system installation, the following prompt is displayed at the bottom of the screen:
"Press F6 if you need to install a SCSI or RAID driver...."
When the prompt is displayed, press F6.
3. Later in the operating system installation, you are notified that a mass storage device could not be detected. When this notification occurs, press S (S=Specify Additional Device).
4. When prompted, insert the diskette that was created from the SoftPaq file, and then press Enter.
5. Select "Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)" and press Enter.
NOTE: At this point, the following prompt MAY be displayed, depending on the version of your operating system CD. If the prompt is displayed, press Enter to use the default Windows driver and continue, if it is not displayed, continue with Step 6. The prompt reads as follows:
Windows already has a driver that you can use for
"Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)".
Unless the device manufacturer prefers that you use the driver on the floppy disk, you should use the driver in Windows.
S=use the driver on floppy ENTER=use the default Windows driver
6. Continue with the operating system installation, as prompted.
NOTE: If a problem is encountered when using the external USB floppy drive, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 916196: "A connected USB floppy disk drive does not work when you press F6 to install mass storage drivers during the Windows XP installation process."