We have a WRT300N but only one computer will connect throught it. The computer that does work is wired straight to the router but the other computer is using a wireless-N connection. It sees the router but it can never acquire an IP address. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the wireless connections says limited or no connectivity when it does not get IP address from the router. There might be problem with the wireless settings of the router. if your network is a secured network then you will need to check the network key. You can try to upgrade the firmware of the router. that will be a good option. Click Here for step by step solution
reset the router the make sure ur firewall is set to low if that does not work go into ur modems settings open internet browser type192.168.1.254 and go to wireless then custom services click in the box scroll to the bottom and select xbox live then u will c another page saying select host open box selxct the bottom one then click enable and try connecting again
To isolate the concern, it would be better to test the non working computer to the modem. If it works, that means there is a problem with the router and if it isn't then it is a problem with the pc..
If the computer works fine on the modem, you can try the following to check if the router works fine:
1. The modem should be connected to the router's WAN/Internet port.
2. The computers should be hard wired to the router's numbered port
3. On the router's setup page, go to the Status tab and check if the Internet IP address and the DNS are populated. If not, that means the router is not functioning correctly.
4. Go to the wireless tab and make sure that the SSID is customized. Make sure that the wireless computer is connecting to the said SSID.
If those had been checked and it still does not work, you can try updating the firmware of the router, reset and reconfigure it.
However, if the computer does not work on the modem. You may need to have it checked.
When you look on the box that the router came in, you have to look to see what Operating Systems it is compatible with. In many cases, routers will not be compatible with vista. I have a Linksys WRT300N, and it works great with Vista.Hope this helps.