Question about Computers & Internet
I bought a VAIO model (PCG-K86P) 3 years ago. It went quite well. It has gone slow for a few months. And now even a 1.8 GHz is faster than it.(It is 3.2 GHz) No virus..........................
A couple of suggestions, assuming you are running XP:
1. increase your swap file/virtual memory to roughly double your physical memory;
2. defrag your main hard drive;
3. Trim/slim down your startup files (msconfig);
4. select "Adjust for best performance" in your Performance Options (System properties);
5. Verify that you do not have any malwares lurking somewhere.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 08, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-AR230G Notebook
May 26, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-AR230G Notebook
Jan 12, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 16, 2008 | Sony VAIO PCG-TR3AP1 Notebook
Mar 21, 2018 | Amazon Computers & Internet
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!