Question about Audio Players & Recorders
I HAVE TO RADIO CODE FOR A 1995 V.W PASSAT BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO ENTER CODE?
If I understand your post right, you have the code but need the procedure on how to input/enter it into the radio. To my understanding, a 1995 Volkswagen Passat would have a non-BOSE unit with or without CD changer controls. It was a premium sound system with anti-theft coding.
1. Power the radio ON till "SAFE" is displayed;
2. Press the AM/FM and SCAN buttons simultaneously till display shows "1000". (In some versions, it is the seek and the two scan buttons);
3. Release the AM/FM and SCAN buttons;
4. Enter your security code using the first four station buttons on the radio;
5. The first button changes the first number of the four digit code;
6. The second button changes the second number and so on and so forth;
7. Once the proper code has been entered press the AM/FM and SCAN buttons at the same time and hold until the radio accepts the code;
8. You have two tries before the system will lock you out for an hour;
9. Should you happen to have a three digit code, pls make the first digit a zero;
10. The first digit can only be 1 or 0 (the 0 will not show up so for a zero, push the button until the 1 disappears).
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 08, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2012 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
May 11, 2011 | BMW 525 Cars & Trucks
Mar 17, 2011 | 1995 Volkswagen Passat
Nov 26, 2009 | 1998 Volkswagen Passat
Sep 26, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Jun 01, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
Nov 15, 2008 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
296 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: