Geforce FX5500 installed to P4M800-M7A motherboard
When Geforce FX5500 was installed to P4M800-M7A motherboard my hard disk turns off automatically then turn on again then off again then on again...and when it is off the computer hangs...pls help me to solve this...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi' i want you to save all your important files in a flash drive or CD-DVD copy before you start working on it again. windows XP sp3 cannot solve this probs, and you did not mention about your video graphics of what its Specs.. but any way try to upgrade your RAM into 512mb-1gb much be better.and if still it does not work properly ,you have to start all over again by installing another OS winXP SP2 version 4.5-188.8.131.52.or the dark XP. Just PM me for further assistance . thanks
1.Start 2.Control Panel 3.Switch to classic view 4.Device Manager 5.Display Adapters 6.Select your display adapter by double click 7.Driver Tab 8.Update Driver 9.Search automatically for updated driver software. Your computer will check your hard drive then the internet for the new drivers and it will install them too good luck hope it helped
hi, you need not have to upgrade the BIOS,, set the SATA HD on the IDE channel in the BIOS, or what options r avilable for SATA controller, if it is set to RAID, you will need a raid utility to format the SATA, or it wont shoe in windows, let ,e know
You may have a HDD Problem Diagnose it using the following.
DOWNLOAD HIREN BOOT CD, WRITE THE ISO TO CD THEN BOOT FROM IT
Includes HDD Diagnostics for these companies
Hard Disk Tools:
- Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilities
- Seagate Seatools Desktop Edition 3.02
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter 1.1
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 6.61
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.02
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.08
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool 2.03
- Gateway GwScan 3.15
- ExcelStor's ESTest 3.80
- MHDD 4.6
- WDClear 1.30
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b
- SeaTools for Dos 1.08
- HDD Regenerator 1.51 - to recover a bad hard drive
- Ontrack Disk Manager 9.57 - Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor 2002 - a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor 2002 - a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Active Kill Disk 3.1 - Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- HDAT2 4.5.2 - main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for devices
- SmartUDM 2.00 - Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria 3.33 - a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics
Hope this helps
If you are having trouble with Newly bought items save your self from headaches by returning them and demand a replacement or a refund! You may have purchased a reconditioned\repaired\factory defect product.