Bought a new I River E10 an the PC won't recognise it. Tried on two different up to date computers, XP and Vista, mutiple USB points and no go. The soft ware loaded ok and the update was ok but no conection to the I River unit.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm having a similar problem with the same Akasa integral enclosure, so far I have tried 3 different hard disks and not one of them will work properly and on two different computers.. , all of the hard disks I've tried are Samsung .. but I'm sure that makes no difference. I plan to send back the enclosure to where I bought it from and get a different one from a different manufacturer.
There are 2 conditions related to the e10 Emergency USB message.
1. If your PC does NOT recognise the iriver as a USB device/drive, there is an issue with the Hard Drive.
2. If your PC DOES recognise the iriver as a USB device/drive and can read the files, there is an issue with the Circuitry in your e10.
In either case, your iriver needs to be returned to the manufacturer. If in warranty you can get this repaired at no cost (of course).