Bought a new I River E10 an the PC won't recognise it. Tried on two different up to date computers, XP and Vista, mutiple USB points and no go. The soft ware loaded ok and the update was ok but no conection to the I River unit.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go to your music sourse on the computer and delete it from there, then make sure the file is out of your computer completely by deleting the raw file. next plug your iRiver into the computer and syncronize it to you music source, the song or songs should have been deleted. I used to have an iriver but got an hour glass that never ended when I turned it on, i fixed it but then it happened again so i got fet up with iriver and gave in and went and bought an iPod
It's compatible with XP and below. I haven't come across a Vista driver for it yet, but you might be able to right click on it and hit Properties and select XP compatibility in Vista, I don't know if it'll work though.
It may not work, but.
Find the reset hole in the side of the E10 and perform a reset (you shove the end of a paper clip in the hole)
I have fixed my wife's and my daughter's by this method a couple of times!
There are 2 conditions related to the e10 Emergency USB message.
1. If your PC does NOT recognise the iriver as a USB device/drive, there is an issue with the Hard Drive.
2. If your PC DOES recognise the iriver as a USB device/drive and can read the files, there is an issue with the Circuitry in your e10.
In either case, your iriver needs to be returned to the manufacturer. If in warranty you can get this repaired at no cost (of course).