I don't know the password and would like to remove eveything and get the default settings because i can't access the admin interface , checked at the back could not see the Reset boton that you've been talkin about.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: WANT TO RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS
Hello, Not knowing the manufacture or model of router makes it hard to answer your question. You should be able to go to manufacture web site and do a search for your problem. You can also google the model # and maybe get an answer. Give me a model # and I'll try to help. Normally there is a reset hole on back. Thanks..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you forget your Linksys router password, you will need to reset it back to the factory defaults. You can restore the router configuration to back to the factory by following the steps outlined below:
1. Hold in the reset button of the router for 30 seconds.
2. Unplug your power cord for 30 seconds
3. Plug back your power cord4. Wait for a few seconds then release the reset button.
NOTE:¨ When holding in the reset button, make sure that you do not release it until you are sure that it has been compressed for at least 30 seconds or more.
¨ This procedure resets the router back to all its factory default settings thus apart from affecting your username and password, it will also affect your configuration and IP addressing.
Once this is complete, you can now login and reconfigure your password. To do this:
1. Connect a PC to one of the Linksys router Ethernet ports
2. Open your web browser and go to the URL http://192.168.1.1. This will take you to a web page with a popup box which asks you to enter a username and password to login required to login to your router
3. On older LinkSys routers, the username is set to blank and the password is set to "admin" (without the quotes). On newer Linksys routers, both the default username and the default password are set to "admin".
4. Click on login. You have logged in to the Administrator account and are now able to access and change a number of configuration options for your router.
5. Click on management tab then change your administrator password to any password that you like. Remember to choose a strong password that others cannot guess but that will be easy enough for you to remember.
6. You can also choose to reconfigure other aspects of you Linksys router at this point.
There is NO way of resetiing the device. You need to get hold of the factory reset device program from alvarion. This allows you to connect to the device and run a small program into which you enter the MAC address of the unit. The software then sets the unit back to factory defaults. You will need to run this program by connecting a cat 5 cable to each of the units you wish to reset and entering the MAC address listed on the device.
Cheers - Chris (Ex trainer of Alvarion Installation engineers)
Resetting your PAP2 to its factory default settings (often referred to as a 'hard reset') is done via the built-in IVR (Interactive Voice Response) menu. To access the IVR, simply pick up a telephone that is connected to the PAP2 and dial:
* * * *
(yep, 4 stars) This will activate the IVR 'Configuration Menu' (you'll hear a voice tell you this) after which point, simply press the following sequence of keys to 'factory reset' your PAP2:
7 3 7 3 8 #
Funnily enough, the above key sequence spells 'R E S E T', followed by a #. You'll be asked to confirm your selection - simply press 1 to continue. That's it.
Hope it can resolved your issue
Happy to help
Thanks for using Fixya
Admin/password should take you in. This 7501 is preconfigured to be a wireless router. You should be able to directly connect it to Internet (Cable/DSL modem) to Wan port and use the details of Wireless access in the back of the modem to get connected. By default it is setup to WEP and the access details are on the back of the Westell 7501. Its available for 19.99 on VErizon site now.
Usually you have to type on your browser 192.168.1.254
It wil ask for your User name and Password.
Usually the username is admin
Password is either your phone # or the first part of your email.....but it may vary depending pn the company you have service with.
If this is not working, just look in the manual for default values, and RESET de router.
Becarefull, once you reset the router all configurations will be lost.
Proceed with care.
How to Change a Mailbox Password
1. To access the voice mail system press "Feature". 2. Press "983". 3. When you see "Log:" enter "120000" for 2 digit extension numbers.
4. Press "OK". 5. Press "MBOX". 6. Press "CHNG". 7. Enter the mailbox number you wish to reset. 8. Press "Reset". 9. Press "Rls" to exit (orange button to the right of the number buttons).
Default password is "0000".