Question about Buffalo Technology Computers & Internet
Hi - I've had one of the above for a week with no problems. I've been connecting to it from xp laptop & desktop, via a standard home network.
Suddenly, the linkstation appears to have stopped working. Status is:
- boots up ok, beeps as normal - no flashing info or error lights (apart from start up flick through)
- is registering itself with a different dns nane than before -
- previously registered with my router in its working state as hs-dhgla28
- now registers as hs-hdgl-ema28
- I can ping it (using this new name); however it doesn't respond on port 80 (http from browser or telnet from cmd line).
- Mapping shares etc. fails, but activity light flickers for quite a few seconds as if something is happening, before pc reports that network path is not available.
All sorted - I installed a later version of the firmware & this seemed to fix the problem.
Posted on Mar 08, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2014 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo Linkstation...
Dec 16, 2013 | Buffalo Technology LS-X2.0TL Linkstation...
Dec 15, 2011 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo LinkStation...
Jun 11, 2011 | Buffalo Technology LinkStation Quad...
Feb 26, 2011 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo LinkStation...
Apr 06, 2010 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo LinkStation...
Mar 28, 2010 | Buffalo Technology LinkStation Live...
Feb 14, 2010 | Buffalo Technology LinkStation Live...
Sep 13, 2009 | Buffalo Technology Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2015 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo Linkstation Pro...
1,136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!