Question about Buffalo Technology Computers & Internet
Hi - I've had one of the above for a week with no problems. I've been connecting to it from xp laptop & desktop, via a standard home network.
Suddenly, the linkstation appears to have stopped working. Status is:
- boots up ok, beeps as normal - no flashing info or error lights (apart from start up flick through)
- is registering itself with a different dns nane than before -
- previously registered with my router in its working state as hs-dhgla28
- now registers as hs-hdgl-ema28
- I can ping it (using this new name); however it doesn't respond on port 80 (http from browser or telnet from cmd line).
- Mapping shares etc. fails, but activity light flickers for quite a few seconds as if something is happening, before pc reports that network path is not available.
All sorted - I installed a later version of the firmware & this seemed to fix the problem.
Posted on Mar 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2014 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo Linkstation...
Dec 16, 2013 | Buffalo Technology LS-X2.0TL Linkstation...
Dec 15, 2011 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo LinkStation...
Jun 11, 2011 | Buffalo Technology LinkStation Quad...
Feb 26, 2011 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo LinkStation...
Apr 06, 2010 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo LinkStation...
Mar 28, 2010 | Buffalo Technology LinkStation Live...
Feb 14, 2010 | Buffalo Technology LinkStation Live...
Sep 13, 2009 | Buffalo Technology Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2015 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo Linkstation Pro...
1,130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!