OpenOffice is an open source application that includes a
word processing application, spreadsheet application, presentation
application, etc which is very similar in style and interface as MS
Office. OpenOffice includes a PDF writer that is built into the word
processor application, making it simple to create PDF documents from
scratch, cut & paste PDF files or convert any documents into a PDF file.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I find converters to be very difficult to work with and have given up on them.
I use two programmes - MSWord 2007 and PagePlus X15 - both of these have a "save as" option which saves the document you are working with in pdf format. I believe all more recent versions of Word have this option as well. I have had no problems with unreadability with documents saved to pdf like this.
Hope this is helpful, if so would you please register that with Fixya
1. Click PDF on the Custom Scan with One-click tab or click PDF in the one-click mode screen to open the PDF dialog box.
* If you wish to convert the text in a document to editable text data, scan the item with the OCR. The precision of OCR is affected by the nature of the scanned original
2. Select the type of document to be scanned. Important
To scan correctly, select a document type that matches the document to be scanned.
3. Select a file type to save the scanned image.
Select PDF, PDF(Multiple Pages) or PDF(Add Page) Important
Click Set... to open a dialog box and specify the PDF compression type and other advanced settings for creating PDF files.
4. Place the first original on the scanner and click the [Scan] button at the right bottom corner of the PDF window.
5. When scanning is completed, place the next original and click the [Scan] button.
6. Repeat scanning by clicking the [Scan] button until you finish all the originals.
7. When all the original is finished, click the [Exit] button.
8. When the scan is complete, it automatically starts the application program that displays PDF files and opens the scanned image file in it.
To scan a text document or black and white document, you are recommended to set the Scan Mode to Black and White or Grayscale.
You are recommended to limit the number of pages in any one multiple PDF file to 20 or less if you are scanning a color document with the Image Quality set to 300 dpi and the size to a setting equivalent to Letter size.
From the info you provided, seems like your Adobe Acrobat Professional wasn't installed properly or there are some missing files. If you have the installation file, try installing the software again. (When you click on Yes, nothing happens because adobe cannot find the Installation/setup file on your laptop.) If you do not have the Adobe installation files, as an alternative download CutePDF writer. Its free and hardly takes any space on your pc/laptop (<4MB)
Direct Download Link for CutePDF Once downloaded, install the software and follow the steps below: 1. Open the Word file you want to convert to pdf 2. try to print it 3. before printing, the time when u have to select your printer, select Cute PDF Writer as shown in the image below 4. Click on print
5. The Word document will be printed as a PDF file and you'll be asked where you want to save it :) 6. Choose your destination. 7. When the printing is completed, you can open the pdf file in Adobe PDF reader * You don't need a printer to do this * You can follow the same steps and print excel/powerpoint files to pdf (or any other file type that you can "print") Hope this helped!
If you are using adobe acrobat, you just open the file and edit what you want, but note it has to be adobe acrobat and not adobe reader. After that you give the file a name and put it in a folder in your homepage (webhost), it is good to make specific folders to pictures and text in those places so you can find them easily again.
When you want to see the file you simply type the address of the folders ex. If you put in "my first page"- "text", then you simply type: my domain name- my first page- text - and the name of the file :O)
Hope that helps IF NOT then try to return here Have a nice day over there
1.In Tools/Options/General Options, check the box beside "Optimal Printing Resolution". 2.Go to File/Printer Setup/Printer Setup. 3.Under "Name" select Broderbund PDF Converter v2.10d 4.Next, go to File/Professional Printing. 5.Select "Save As PDF". 6.At the next screen, type the name of the PDF file you want to save in "Project Name". 7.Under "PDF Resolution", select 600 dpi. 8.Click on "Save As". In the next window, browse to the folder in which you want to save the file (for example: My Documents). 9.Click on the "Save" button. 10.PrintMaster will save the PDF file to the folder you selected. 11.Open the file in Adobe Acrobat to make sure all the elements and pages are there and that it looks as expected.