Hi i'm having trouble with my UPS, When i turn on the UPS unit after 2-3 secs it's beeps 'Overload". I tried without any load to the device it still beeps 'overload' . Can someone advice me please on how to troubleshoot on this issue. Thank you.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: APC UPS CS 500 (BK500EI)
If you can repair pcb then check overload protection section.There is some shortinng in components or ic could be demage.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back as requested, how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FIXYA.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The fault indicator means that there is a fault in the circuitry of the UPS. It could be the control board or another part of the system. (If the batteries were bad, you would see the Replace Battery light illuminate.) If the SURT3000XL is under warranty, contact APC. The standard warranty period is 2 years for repair/replacement. Note: you'll probably have to pay for the shipping of the unit. If the unit is out of warranty, replace it with a new UPS.
there are 2 parts of a UPS . the charge side and (battery is obvious) the inverter side. if the charger fails, all is lost. (are the batteries in backwards?) if the charger works (volt meter tells you that) then the inverter is bad. (this unit is not full time UPS , but part time, this means it switches over to inverter at power fail. (on full time sys. inverter runs full time, like the name states) the unit, you mean the load right.? the UPS side plugged into a load. and the load is now dead.
the Backup plugs should work if the mains are hot. if you kill mains, the inverter will fire off, (hear the squeal?) and give you 500 watts for some minutes, sucking the batteries dry. (see load run time curves) I used to do service on HUGE UPS systems, some with 100s of batteries. 3 to 5kw too. on ours there is a port on the rear , we connect and can check everything "BEST brand" even charge voltage. did you look on APC site for special software and connections?
the manual does cover trouble shooting, ever read that? RTM? start there, its online, for sure.
1. Four beeps every 30seconds (On Battery LED will be illuminated) This alarm indicates that the Battery PowerSupplied outlets are now supplying battery power as opposed to power from theutility. If the UPS determines that the input utility power is unsafe for yourcomputer equipment, the UPS will switch to battery power. Note: Ifthe power disturbance is brief, you may only hear one or two beeps.
2. Continuous Beeping (On Battery LED will beilluminated) This alarm indicates that a Low Batterycondition has been reached and that the UPS will soon shutdown. Once the UPStransfers to On Battery operation, it can only stay on battery for a limitedamount of time. The UPS will sound this alarm about two minutes before thebatteries are totally exhausted. Once exhausted, the UPS will shutdown and turnoff its output power to your equipment. If you hear this tone you shouldimmediately shutdown your computer to prevent data loss or corruption.
3. Continuous Beeps for 30 seconds (BackUPS OFFICE 250 and 280 ONLY) This alarm indicates the unit has detected anOverload condition after it has performed a self-test during start-up.
4. Continuous Two-Tone Beep This alarm indicates a severe Overload wasdetected while the unit was on-battery operation. This tone will continue tosound until the unit shuts down.
5. Continuous Tone (On Battery LED will beflashing) This alarm indicates that the battery-poweredoutlets are overloaded.
6. Continuous Tone (On Line and On BatteryLEDs flashing) Back UPS OFFICE 350,400, and 500 ONLY This alarm indicates that an internal UPS faulthas occurred.
Contact APC Customer Service. They will help you resolve this. If unit is still under warranty they will replace it. There is nothing you can do to repair anything yourself. Sorry ... try calling 1-800-555-2725800-555-2725 for support from APC