- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's an electronic device so it would be very difficult if it'll fell in water. first remove its shell and then get a hair dryer and turn it to low. carefully blow dry the insides of your phone. if you are using an iphone it would be best to consult a phone tech.
If Roomba senses that its battery has been significantly discharged,
Roomba will enter a special 16-hour refresh charge cycle. When the
16-hour refresh charge is initiated, the CLEAN light will quickly pulse
red/amber. Do not interrupt the cycle once it has begun. The 16-hour
refresh charge cycle is initiated by the robot and cannot be started
For long-term storage, always remove the battery from Roomba and
store in a cool, dry place. Blue or black batteries should be stored
after Roomba has been used. Yellow batteries should be stored after
being fully charged.
Battery capacity reduces overtime and usually the battery will need to
be replaced each year.
Solid amber light when the battery is being charged. Flashing amber light when the remaining battery level reaches below 10% htc has had some problems with batteries,when charging, if you are getting the flashing amber light feel the back of the phone. if it is feeling hot you may have a bad battery. hope this helps.
Although the rice concept is a good idea, it is unlikely that it has aided in the evaporation of all moisture in the unit. I have fixed a number of 'dropped in water' devices (incl an IPOD nano) and I have followed the same process:
- take the unit apart
- remove battery, clean bat and charging terminals - remove any connector (document where necessary) and leave out in open air to dry (or use a hair dryer on low setting / under a lamp). - clean all connectors with rubbing alchohol. In your case, pay close attention to the cable that supplies the screen and make sure the male and female ends are dry and clean. Also locate the backlight and see if there is any moisture around it.
Give it a few days to dry out, remove the back and the batter and let those dry seperately. If you're lucky it will dry out and be usable. If not, you'll have to talk to your provider about replacement options. Good Luck.
To anyone who drops their phone in salt water. Get the battery out immediately. When you get home or sooner if you can put the phone in something that will allow fresh water to immerse it entirely. Keep water running in the container for about 3 days continually flushing the phone. Now take all of the water out and fill the container with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.
Let the phone dry out for at least 2-weeks before trying a fully charged battery in it and turn it on.
Should work and you have just saved yourself buying a new one.
Then don't leave it in your pocket when you go to the beach, drop it in a Ferry Salt Water Toilet, etc., where it it is immersed in salt water. If it is most cell phone providers will refuse to even look at it from their tech depts.
A Radio Tech/Inspector in Canada.