Question about Computers & Internet
You can do it one of two ways:
1. Remove the plug from your computer, then look for the CMOS batter is circular between the size of quarter and a nickel. Remove this and the plug for about 30 secs then put them both back in this should clear it.
2. Most motherboard has a cmos jumper that will clear the bios settings. Check your manual for the exact jumper and setting.
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Use this jumper to clear the CMOS values (e.g. date information and BIOS configurations) and
reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, place a jumper cap on the
two pins to temporarily short the two pins or use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two
pins for a few seconds.
• Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before
clearing the CMOS values.
• After clearing the CMOS values and before turning on your computer, be sure to remove
the jumper cap from the jumper. Failure to do so may cause damage to the motherboard.
• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized
Defaults) or manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for
Jul 20, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L Motherboard
Apr 19, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945GCM-s2C socket LGA775...
Dec 22, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-6VTXE-A Motherboard
Feb 21, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-G1975X Motherboard
Jun 20, 2009 | Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 Motherboard
Jul 27, 2008 | Intel Gigabyte GA-8IDX 845 AGPset P4...
Apr 02, 2008 | Gigabyte GA-6WMMC7 Motherboard
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!