Question about Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore 62622 microwave

While using it I could smell something like wires burning and it got noisy. I turned it off but now it goes on, still noisy, but no heat

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Novelist:

    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 184 Answers

A component of the high voltage section has shorted, possibly the diode. If it was the capacitor, it would normally blow th fuse.
If it is the high voltage transformer and you continue running it,
it should devolpe smoke in about one minute. Either way, a part
will have to be replaced to correct the situation.

Posted on Mar 27, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do you repair the surface light on microwave


You know how when you turn on a regular light bulb and it burns out with a bright flash? What happens is that when the filament burns out, it breaks and bounces back and hits the other electrical post and basically shorts out causing that bright flash. Sometimes, when the light bulb in the microwave burned out, it shorted out, and caused the circuit-board trace to burn up. (This is not just conjecture; I've seen it.) If that's the case, then you would have to replace the main control circuit board. Unfortunately, a rather expensive repair for no lights. (Although the circuit board trace can usually be repaired by direct-soldering a wire to replace the burned trace. Sears repairmen won't do this, but an independent electronic technician could do it.

Apr 23, 2014 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Kenmore 721.626222 which I have had about 6 years, runs but does not heat. There is also a strange smell - something like a burning smell.


When the oven does not heat, the problem is usually due to the magnetron failing. It the part that generates the microwaves that heat the food. It fails by shorting out causing a loud buzzing noise. The burning smell is the being magnetron overloaded due to the short. It not worth fixing since the replacement cost of a magnetron is close to the price of a new oven. Sorry.

Feb 09, 2011 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Baked potatoes went up in flames now microwave has no power no lights. power outlet has 110v ac


Were the potatoes wrapped in foil? If so, the megatron tube was burned out. Replace unit.

Nov 06, 2009 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a Kenmore Elite microwave oven... 69-65e05590-000637. We noticed that it would not heat food or liquids... played with the power level a bit and it started to heat again...then a day or two later we...


Is this oven still under warranty? If so, take advantage. If not, remove the power plug and the case. Short out, with a screwdriver, the large can-shaped capacitor with two terminals sticking out. Check the wiring and circuit board for signs of burning. If everything looks ok, remove the thin sheet metal wave guide that sits above or beside the microwave energy port into the cooking cavity. Under the sheet metal, there is a metal fan-like device called a 'stirrer' that has a plastic bearing. Remove this stirrer and smell the bearing. If it smells like the burning wire smell, replace the stirrer. You can buy it through 'Sears Parts' online.

Sep 14, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Limited heat power


It sounds like the transformer is shorting out on you but is not completely shorted.It will be shorting out on the output side of the transformer.this will give you a lower output level,and will cause the microwaves to be weaker.(less turns of wire in the secondary of the transformer).The short will probably get worse.Simply replacing the transformer should cure the microwave.

Jun 23, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...

3 Answers

Kenmore Microwave 62622 display says "locked" and will not operate


hold your finger on the locked button till the light goes out

Jul 04, 2008 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Burning smell , Microwave not turning off


the control circuit shorted out from the cleaning session and kept the microwave on so long with nothing to cook that it has cooked itself I'm sorry to tell you. Probably not worth repairing

Dec 27, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning smell from Microwave


If you clean any appliances always plug out the unit power supply do spray any liquid in the unit that can enter inside the control, instead just wipe it with rug not spray. In this situation you have to call for a qualified technician. Maybe there are some wires that burned or rust in the control that cause the short circuit inside the unit..

Dec 27, 2007 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore 62622 (model) -microwave-loud noise -no heating


dis-assemble waveguide and clean thoroughly. try again. if no-go then failed magnetron. get new unit.

Jun 08, 2007 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore microwave


If this has a controller that runs a microwave and an oven, then the problem F2 means a temperature related fault such as a bad temp sensor / thermostat or a defect in the control board. If it's just a microwave, then the problem is likely a failing keypad. In many cases, those can be replaced economically. If you repost with your exact model number (62622 is not a complete model number) then we can advise you further and more specifically.

Nov 22, 2006 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven Logo

114 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenmore Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3051 Answers

Are you a Kenmore Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...