Question about Computers & Internet
You can refuse the solution times and times again but machine error 46 is waste ink full, you have to do waste counter reset !! that is all
Here is general procedure for brother mfc printers, I assume it works on yours one as well, as I didnt find specific service manual for your machine;
1. press the Menu & Mono start keys. next press the up arrow key 4 times to make the machine enter the maintenance mode.
2. Enter 8 & 0 by using the up arrow key & SET keys.
3. press the mono start key several times untill the purge count appears on the LCD.
4. enter 2 7 8 & 3 by using the up arrow key & set keys to reset the purge count to zero
5. press the stop/exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintanance mode.
6. enter 9 twice by using the up arrow & set key's to exit from maintenance mode.
If it did not work there are 2 possibilities
1)you did procedure wrong, then did it again
2) You really need to empty your waste tank and eventually replace sponge , do it
You can refuse this answer but if you get error 46 on a brother, no mistakes, this is the case, waste tank ink
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
Machine Error 46 – Purged Ink Box Full MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An “initial purge”, for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an “Unable to Clean” external message and will be unable to use the printer. The “Unable to Clean” external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.
The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.
If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.
Resetting purge counter MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Carry on printing !!
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
Did you try disconnecting the printer from both the power and Pc overnight? Also, take out the cartridges. Then the following day reconnect everything and insert the cartridges. This might solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2011 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Dec 31, 2010 | Brother MFC-290C Printer
Dec 27, 2010 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-5860CN...
Dec 04, 2010 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Nov 08, 2010 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 07, 2010 | Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Oct 20, 2010 | Brother MFC-845CW multi-function...
Oct 18, 2010 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 26, 2010 | Brother MFC 490cw Color Inkjet...
Jul 22, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 23, 2018 | Advance Computers & Internet
1,257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!