Samsung E700 mobile phone
The main point is to act quickly, not to give the chemicals time to react. Coffee is real bad, and if you just left it there for too long, then you're in trouble.
in any case of dropping into liquid follow these steps:
Remove the battery immediately; rinse the handset in distilled water. Why? Distilled water isn't ionised and has a high breakdown dielectric; ordinary tap water is ionised and conductive.
leave it in your airing cupboard for a week to dry (if there's any sign of damp anywhere on the phone, just put it back in the cupboard for another week). Reattach battery. If it doesn't appear to malfunction (bear in mind the battery may be flat), try putting the phone on the charger. If it appears to charge (and holds the charge), and still works, you've probably
got away with it.
If a phone is dropped into a soft or sweet drink drink rinse more thoroughly in distilled water before drying.
Carbonated, sugared drinks and hot, sweet coffee are the worst. You may be lucky if your phone survives.
If the liquid is greasy (e.g. coffee with cream, soup etc.) You can use a mix of iso-propyl alcohol and water. IT types use it to clean computers.
The water dissolves all the water soluble sugar etc. and the IPA dissolves the grease.
A word of advice for the future: leather phone cases (the ones with leather, not elastic, sides) are your friend. They can protect the phone from splashes and even brief immersion, with only the end connector significantly dampened.
Mar 25, 2006 |
Samsung Phone PDCSLCD12B