Question about Sony MDR-7506 Professional Headphones

4 Answers

Worn and torn pads

After 5 years of use the pads on my 7506's are pretty shredded. Can these be replaced?

Posted by on


4 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

Yes, i've seen them for sale at online shops for $10 per pad. i've never changed any though. the sony's can be disassembled via phillip head screws. good luck.

Posted on Apr 20, 2008

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    Visited the website for 10 consecutive days.


    Visited the website for 3 consecutive days.

  • Expert
  • 65 Answers

You may purchase original Sony MDR-7506 ear pads from this link:
211566803 Replacement earpad for Sony headphones MDR7506 MDRV6

Posted on Jul 27, 2018

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 298 Answers

Yes, the MDR-7506 Earpads can be replaced. The price is for each one. You will need to purchase 2 of these. Please click the link above.

Posted on Mar 06, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Shredded shiny paper


The tan and black paper that is coming out of your printer is the Teflon fuser sleeve that has torn and coming apart. The fuser is the part of the printer that melts the toner onto the paper. The Teflon sleeve in the fuser is where the heat comes from. When the sleeve gets worn down it can tear and you get the little pieces coming out like you have. You will need to replace the fuser unit in the printer to correct this issue. The fusers are available from Amazon and other web sites and they are user installable. The part number is RG5-2657 or RG5-2661 either parts number will work in your unit.

Apr 09, 2013 | HP Laserjet 4000 Series Printer 27920 Page...

1 Answer

My rear brake pads and rotors have worn out in 1 year and the front brake pads are the original and don't look worn at all. My sub has 150K miles

Its possible. There is an equalizer valve that balances pressure to the 4 wheels.
Two other possible causes are a problem with the parking brake, or the front rotors and pads are glazed and not providing any friction.

Jul 08, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Suburban

1 Answer

2006 chevy cobalt transaxle noise , i blocked car up remove both front wheels started engine, engaged transmission to drive, listened to noise sounded a bit like a grumbling/grinding noise., no fluid leaks...


Oct 25, 2011 | 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

1 Answer

My earphones i jst bought have been torn on part of the wire and now no sound is comming out of it. Is there any way i can fix it?

If they are new return them to where you bought them or contact the maker. You are entitled to your money back or a replacement. DO NOT attempt to fix them.

Mar 08, 2011 | Sony MDR-7506 Professional Headphones

1 Answer

I hear a clicking in the front end, passenger side

If this is happening all the time check the tires for a rock or something stuck in the tread. If this is only happening when you turn to the right check the CV shaft joints for excessive play or torn boots. You'll also want to check the boots if it happens all the time. If you have over 25,000 miles on the vehicle check the brake pads on the front end for wear since normally there is a "Chirper" on the pad that is supposed to start chirping when the pads are worn. On occasion the chirper will be just close enough to only catch the chirping path but not close enough to chirp or squeal like you would hear then the pad is seriously worn. Most likely this is a small rock or piece of road debris stuck in the tire, a torn boot or worn CV joint.

Feb 12, 2011 | 2008 Saturn VUE

2 Answers

I am looking for replacement earpads for Sony MDR V600 headphones. Will replacement pads for MDR 7506 fit the V600?

Yes, the replacement pad for mdr 7506 fits in for the v600. They can be replaced for one another. There are different types of v600 and 7506, You just have to look for the 7506 that looks more like the v600. That should do the job for you. Hope this information helped You.

Jan 13, 2011 | Sony MDR-V6 Professional Headphones

1 Answer

When do you replace bike brake pads? I'm putting up some pictures of both my front and rear pads. I'm wondering if it's time to replace them. They seem pretty worn and the rear brakes won't lock up any...

Unless you have grooves in the rotors that almost gouge your fingernails, they should be good.

One indication of "needing pads" is, indeed, the loss of power; however, roughing them up CAN give you some more life, as it looks like you have pad material to work with. But if the roughing doesn't work, it's time for new....

...And I always recommend ceramic pads! Two years of awesome performance in my BB7's! Modulation is a step above ANYthing else I've used, and the stopping power is there all day long.

Dec 21, 2010 | Cycling

1 Answer

The flexifoot on my old baracuda is split

What do you mean by flexifoot, and what do you mean split? The large rubber disc is called the "durometer" disc (on the G3 it's called a finned disc). The small rubber pad the the big one fits over is called a "foot pad", the foot pad fits over a hard piece called the foot plate. That being said.... if your referring to the durometer disc being split, or torn, I assume it is very worn out and needs to be replaced. if it's new and torn then it may still work fine. if it is worn out chances are you need to replace the foot pad, and possible a couple other pieces.

Sep 16, 2010 | Zodiac Baracuda G4 Automatic Pool Cleaner...

2 Answers

Stuck dough blade

On the DLC 7 Pro cuisinart the blade was removed by removing
the plastic bottom. Make sure the unit is unplugged. Remove the four rubber pads on the bottom. This was the hardest part because the pads are glued so securely that the inner rubber surface tears as it's removed. I used two flat blade screwdrivers and worked carefully, back and forth. Using a #2 philips, remove the four screws. Place the unit on its side and while inserting a screwdriver between a spoke and the motor frame gently turn the blade counter clockwise. Be careful not to put pressure against the cooling fins. Very little pressure was needed and the blade came right out. I might have been able to hold the shaft from turning without removing the bottom, by going through the vent slots in the bottom, but I was concerned with cracking the plastic. To replace the rubber pads I matched the design of the torn rubber pad with the shape (design) of the surface glued rubber and used thin two-sided tape.

Dec 27, 2007 | Cuisinart DLC-5 Food Processor

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony MDR-7506 Professional Headphones Logo

550 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Audio Players & Recorders Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5508 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75756 Answers

Are you a Sony Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides