I've just put in all new inks and now ther is no comunication from my lap top to the printer. ive turned it off.. and the green light keeps flashing along with the orange intermittently,, Its driving to...
I suspect that the reason that there is no communication between your laptop and printer is because the printer will not switch online. This is further confirmed by one of the flashing lights. This is a standard feature if the built-in diagnostics of most current printers tells it that something is wrong.
Since as you posted/described "I've just put in all new inks and now..." was when the problem started, pls verify:
1. the ink cartridges are seated properly at their assigned slots;
2. most ink cartridges when new have a sticker cover of some sort to protect the electronic/contact pins. Pls verify that they were removed;
3. the cover/panel doors are securely lock in place;
4. verify that the USB cable/connectors are attached;
5. you have installed the correct model of ink cartridges, they are original and not generic/replacements/refills;
6. all others are where they should be, paper in tray, slides extended and nothing out of the ordinary;
If your concern has not been corrected after completion of the above procedures, pls post back with the brand and model of your printer. it might be of further help if you can post your laptop's brand & model as well as the operating system.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back as requested, how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Mar 13, 2008 |