Question about Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition English International for PC
How to change the text in START Button in task bar ?
I have received many emails from users on this topic. In Windows XP Pro, you can change your Start button and you are not even restricted with 5 characters as it used to be the case in previous version of Windows but the process itself of modifiying the start button is a bit more tedious than what it used to be. Anyways, gist of act is to modify your
1. First of all, make a backup of your explorer.exe This is one of the most important executables of your operating system and incase you make a mistake, you should have its backup to fall back on to ! You will see this file in C:\Windows directory. Go there, make a copy and change its name to something you remember like "explorerold.exe or explorer.old".
2. Download a freeware called ResourceHacker by going to http://www.rpi.net.au/~ajohnson/resourcehacker
3. Now, lauch resource hacker and locate your explorer.exe by going to c:\windows. Now go to String Table>37>1033. This is where the START text is located. Change it whatever you would like....
4. Once done with the changing START button text, click on the button called "Compile Script". Now its time to save the changes. Important: Save the file as explorer_modified.exe (or something similar). You can not save it as explorer.exe as file is in use as you are exploring the directories etc etc.
5. All right, reboot the computer and boot into safe mode in command prompt environment (at boot time press 'F8' a few times...) and log in as administrator.
6. Now all that you need to do is to copy the modified explorer file to original one.
Type this at command prompt "copy c:\windows\explorer_modified.exe to c:\windows\explorer.exe" (without quotes)
7. Reboot your computer as you would normally do.
If you have followed the steps correctly, you should have new explorer by now.
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
and the site will guide you on how to change the windows xp start button text.
Also there are several guides available on YOUTUBE that will help you.
Hope it helps.
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
I want to change start boton from the taskbar
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
Go on http://www.startbtn.main-page.com this link and copy StartBtn
This is very simple
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
i want to change start button name .plz send how to change.
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
Yes I know how to do it but you have to xxxxxxxxxxx?
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
1. Put up your Start Task Bar
2. Click the very tip where it shows your picture and name
3. When you click it a box on the side will come up, click "change account name"
4. Click that and you will be on your way.
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 26, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition English...
Feb 28, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition English...
Sep 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition English...
Jun 27, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jan 25, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition English...
Jul 10, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition English...
Sep 27, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
2,727 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: