Question about DeLonghi EC140 Espresso Machine
This is actually an espresso maker question.
I just got a Delonghi espresso maker, type/model EC-140B. The water is not coming through the filter basket correctly when there is no espresso in the basket. When there is espresso in the basket, the basket gets flooded. The basket is completely clean and clear, no blockages. How can I fix this issue and have my espresso?
You should check these issues to troubleshoot:
1) Is coffee grind too fine?
2) Coffee grinds packed too tight in the basket / portafilter?
3) Rain screen clogged (where water is pumped through into the basket)?
4) Pump starting to fail and not enough pressure created to properly pump water through grinds?
5) Maybe the machine meeds to be descaled.
Posted on Feb 12, 2015
Check the water temp and make sure the grind is not to fine. if both of these checkout ok then it may be a weak pump. you will have to find a replacement pump.
Posted on May 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | DeLonghi Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Apr 01, 2014 | DeLonghi Caffe Figaro BCO110 Espresso &...
Sep 13, 2011 | DeLonghi EC155 Espresso Machine
Jun 22, 2011 | DeLonghi EAM3500 Espresso Machine/Coffee...
Apr 21, 2011 | DeLonghi EAM3200 Espresso & Coffee Maker
Oct 07, 2010 | DeLonghi BAR 8 Espresso Machine
Apr 19, 2008 | DeLonghi Caffe Nabucco BCO70...
Apr 06, 2008 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
979 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!