Installing a network printer
Connecting the USB Printer to network
1) Right click on My computer
2) Click on Properties
3) Click on Computer Name
4) Click on Change (where it says "To rename this computer or Join a domain, Click Change")
5) Give Name to your Work Group
"Type the some Name in the BOX"
6) Click OK and Restart the Computer
** NOW THIS COMPUTER IS A PART OF WORK GROUP **
(settings on Main Computer where the Printer is installed)
7) Now we can share whatever you wana share
8) Open control Panel
9) Open Printer and Faxes right
10) Right click on the Printer Icon and click on Properties
11) Click on Sharing
12) Click on share this printer and *Name the Printer if you want share
13) Click on Apply now this Printer is in Network
Network the Second Computer
13) Go to each computer
1) Click on Start - control panel -
2) Click on Printers and Faxes
3) Click on Add a Printer
4) It will show Welcome to Add Printer Wizard
5) Click on Next
6) Select "A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer
7) Select browse for a Printer and HIT NEXT
8) It will show you the WORK GROUP and when you hit on it it will show you the Printer
9) Click on Next and OK
Its Done the Printer is Shared and you can take a print out.
Note : The Main Computer should On in order to take Print-out
Hope this will help you connecting your USB printer to the Home Network
or IF YOU HAVE THE NETWORK PRINTER check the following steps
Adding a new network printer
1) Click on Start
2) Click on Printer and Faxes
3) From the left side of the window - click on Add a Printer
4) It will Pop up a new Screen (Add Printer Wizard Window
5) Click on Next
6) Select Local Printer
and Uncheck Automatically Detect and install my plug and play printer
7) Click on Next
8) Click the DROP-DOWN menu next to Use the following port
and if the Printer Queue is listed,select it and click NEXT
***IF it is not listed in the Menu,
Choose Create a new port
from the Type of the Port list - select Standard TCP/IP Port. Click Next
In the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard window, click Next.
In the Printer Name or IP Address field,
- Type the queue name of your printer and the Port Name field will be automatically filled in
IF Required Install the Printer Drivers using the Disk
9) If you are asked whether you want to keep an existing driver, select Replace existing driver, then click Next.
10) In the Printer name field, type the printer's queue name, model name, location and double-sided or single-sided. If this is the printer you will be using most often, select Yes to use this printer as your default printer; otherwise, select No. Click Next.
11) If you are asked whether you wish to share the printer, select Do not share this printer. Click Next.
12) When you are asked whether to print a test page, select No
13) Click Next.
14) Click Finish.
Note : You may have to wait a few seconds for the Add Printer Wizard window to disappear and it may appear frozen.
If you receive a message that a Microsoft digital signature was not found, click Yes to continue the installation.
TEST THE PRINT
To check if the printer is working correctly, go to Start > Printers and Faxes. Right-click on the newly created printer, select Properties and then click on the button for Print Test Page.
Jan 22, 2010 |
HP LaserJet 2605DTN Color Printer