Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Home stereo need knob for harman kardon avr 30, also the need the mechanism for balance control

Posted by on

  • bestwhenused Mar 05, 2008

    i'm in the united state , in the state of New Mexico zip code 88001 , city name Las Cruces , please infrom me with more information who i may contact.

    Thank You



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,512 Answers

Hey Best...
Original parts generally need to be sourced from the distributors of the gear. Where abouts in the world are you and I can find who you need to go to and get the spares you need.


Posted on Mar 05, 2008

  • Graeme Ross
    Graeme Ross Mar 06, 2008

    Hi again,

    Your best bet is to go straight to the source for Harman Kardon parts. They don't have the part you required actually listed in their online shop, but an email inquiry directly to them ( and they will give you a price including postage for what you need and they will have it out to you in a jiffy. Good luck, any problems organising it get back to me here, no worries.. :)




1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I ve been asked to find out why a avr 30 doesnt put out any sound no matter what jacks are used...... im a property manager not a service tech go figure

Bad fuse? power supply problem, blown output transistor. It is an old discontinued model, so any stereo repair shop might be able to fix it.

Aug 11, 2016 | Harmon Kardon Harman/Kardon AVR 3650 3D...

1 Answer

Can you hoop up an external equalizer to the Harman Kardon AVR 30?

Any traditional old-school analog stereo processor can be used only with analog stereo sources.

If this receiver had any digital sources, you would eventually discover that activation of a Tape Loop disables digital sources. Just the same you CAN still use DSP on processed 2-channel audio.

Register and download the manual for free at

It's should clearly marked on the back of the EQ where everything goes.

The Line IN and Line Out would go to any available Tape Loop on the receiver. Something that has Out's and In's. Obviously, Out's on one device go to In's on the next.

Apr 29, 2011 | Harman Kardon AVR 30 Receiver

1 Answer

What does it mean when remote input not working on HARMAN KARDON AVR 445 RECEIVER

It means that you need to have both the remote control and the system checked. You may be able to check if the remote is functioning by aiming it at something else. I had a Sony Stereo which had a little LED lamp in the volume control knob which would flicker no matter which remote control I aimed at was very handy for checking if any Remote suspected of being inoperative was transmitting anything !
You can buy remote control testers, that have an LED that flickers if the remote is transmitting. It wont tell you if the codes from the remote are correct.
You might also like to try checking local advertisements to see if someone has an identical unit to yours up for sale. You might get them to let you pop in and see if your remote is working...... for a beer or a small gift as a token of thanks.

Nov 29, 2010 | Harman Kardon AVR 120 Receiver

1 Answer

Fiber Optic input

No gots. The 3485 is pre-digital stereo-only.

From the manual, page 19

"You may have observed that the HK 3485 is not equipped with digital audio inputs or surround sound decoding. If you prefer the complete home theater experience, you may wish to consider purchasing a fullfeatured Harman Kardon AVR Series audio/video receiver. However, we hope you will find that using a DVD player with the HK 3485 in smaller settings, such as a bedroom or den, surpasses the audio performance of most televisions, including those with onboard stereo speakers."

Apr 13, 2010 | Harman Kardon AVR 240 Receiver

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5508 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75756 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides