Question about Kitchen Ranges
How to remove oven burner on hot point stove. The broiler works but the oven doesn't
This is a simple step-by-step procedure.
1. Turn off the power to the oven at the breaker panel. Or slide the oven ahead and reach behind to unplug the power cord.
2. Take out the two screws holding the element bracket in place. These will be on the back wall of the oven. They are usually hex head or phillips screws.
3. Carefully pull the element toward you a little bit until you see the two wires behind it. Unscrew the wire leads and remove the bad heating element.
4. Handle the new element carefully while you attach the wires to it. Don't stretch the wires any more than you have to.
5. Line up the new element while tucking the wires back in place. Be sure not to pinch the wires between the bracket and the back wall.
6. Fasten the bracket screws, making sure they're tight.
7. Restore power to the appliance and start your oven to check if the new element heats up.
A few things to remember...
You are working with high voltage! Be sure the power is off or the oven is unplugged!
If you find one of the wires has come off the old element, simply reconnect and check your oven. Your old element may work again and you will not need to purchase a new one.
In removing any of the screws mentioned above, note that they may be difficult to lossen due to years of exposure to heat. Don't give up, they will eventually loosen.
Your new element may have some oil or other gunk on it due to the manufacturing process. Once it begins to heat, it may start to smoke. Don't panic! Any residue will eventually burn away and the smoke will cease from then on.
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2013 | Whirlpool SF265LXTS Kitchen Range
Jul 28, 2012 | Hotpoint Ovens
May 21, 2011 | Hotpoint RGB745 Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 04, 2009 | Hotpoint RGB745 Gas Kitchen Range
Aug 16, 2009 | Hotpoint RGB745 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 27, 2008 | Ovens
Oct 30, 2007 | Frigidaire FEB27S5A Electric Single Oven
182 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!