Question about HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Does the above printer have a sleep mode (power-saving), since the wireless print server does not "wake it up" for the first print of the day. It has to be switched on and off manually for it to start printing.
Please note: Instructions only applicable to the network printer which supports telnet protocol.
HP Mono and Color LaserJet Network Printers - Sleep Mode Problem
Network printers may not print when a job is sent to the printer while in sleep mode.
Please follow the steps below-
1. Connect the printer to telnet- Using command prompt.
2. Type telnet > IP address press then enter.
3. Type menu and press enter.
Following screen will appear-
4. Choose option 2 TCP/IP menu and press enter,
5. Choose option 5 TCP/IP other settings and press enter.
6. Type y in front of cursor and carry on pressing enter until you reach “SLP keep alive”. By default this value may be 0.
7. Change this value to 1.
8. Exit and save settings.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2015 | HP LaserJet P3015 12.5K Print A
Nov 13, 2013 | HP Laserjet M2727nf Multifunction Printer
Nov 07, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Jan 23, 2010 | HP JetDirect 600N Print Server
Jul 10, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4100dtn Printer
Mar 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3600n Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
1,859 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!