Hi, i am having a problem with ink droplets on my prints, i have done a full maintenance job as instructed by manufacturer..HP..3210 ALL IN ONE..i am also using HP photo paper, could it just be that i have an iffy cartridge?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connectivity and Compatibility: PC-less function - No Index Sheet - No Connectivity - Card Slot - No Connectivity - USB Cable - Yes Connectivity - Wireless - No Interfaces - USB 2.0 Hi-Speed OS Support - Windows 2000/XP/XP-x64 Edition/Vista Mac OS 10.3.9 or later with USB Network - No Adobe Postscript - No Memory Card Backup - No
Ink Cartridges: INKdividual - Yes Ink Cartridge Model - 85N Ink Series (Standard Capacity)
Media: Media Model - S041926E1; S041927E1; S041863; S041464E1; S041285; S042070; S041925; S041332; S041786, S041259
Paper Handling: Max. Paper Size - A4 BorderFree - Yes Max. Paper Capacity - 120 sheets Roll Paper - No Tractor Feed - No
Cartridge Model(s): 85N (Standard Capacity Black Ink) - Approx 540 pages (ISO/IEC 24711 and 24712 Test Suite) Page Yield (pages): 85N (Standard Capacity Colour Ink)* - Approx 860 pages (ISO/IEC 24711 and 24712 Test Suite)
Please follow the instructions:
1. open a blank document (word,excel,)
2. control P
3. under printer properties hit on maintenance tab.
4. then hot on head cleaning. once done, "print check pattern"
5. please continue doing this until the print out goes clearer.
6. then, try to print.
i hope this helps.
Hi Good day!! Try to do a printer maintenance Cleaning a Clogged Print Head
1. Press the cleaning button located on the front of the printer. Hold it down for 3 seconds to begin the cleaning cycle.
2. Run a cleaning cycle using your Epson printer utilities program. In Windows, go to "Start," "Printers and Faxes," right-click on your printer and choose "Printing Preferences." Select the "Utility" or "Maintenance" tab, depending on your printer model, and click "Head Cleaning." When the head cleaning cycle is complete, run "Nozzle Check." Repeat the head cleaning and nozzle check one to three times.
3. To access the Epson printer utility in OS X, select the Epson Printer Utility icon in the Applications folder in Macintosh HD. If prompted, select your printer from the Printer List, then click "OK."
Clean the print head manually. Remove the ink cartridges from your printer according to the instructions in your owner's manual. Turn off your printer. Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol, ammonia or hot water and rub the swab against the print head. Let the printer sit overnight.
Remove the print head according to the instructions in your owner's manual. Soak the print head for at least an hour in a small dish of hot water or isopropyl alcohol.
Preventing Clogged Print Heads
1. Use your printer at least once a week. Regular use will keep dried ink from clogging your print heads. If you have a color inkjet printer, print full color pages in addition to black-and-white documents.
2. Turn your printer off when not in use. This will prevent warm ink from bleeding onto the print head. If you have to store your printer, remove the ink cartridges.
3. Use a cleaning kit regularly. A cleaning kit usually includes a tube of ammonia that you spray on the printer head to clean dry ink.
maybe its out of ink.
if still full
perform this instructions.
click settings, printer and faxes, then right click of the printer device you are using. then click properties.
click the maintenance botton on the upper right then click cleaning botton..
repeat until the printing goes back to normal.
Check the waste recepticle under where the ink cartridges rest in the home position. Over time, ink sprayed into this cup during cleaning cycles builds up to form a small mountain of congealed ink. If this gets too high, it makes contact with the printhead and drags ink across all your prints. If there is a ***** of ink present, scoop it out with a spoon or a popsicle stick.
This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible by pressing the <Resume> button on the printer. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.
Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.
Banded or streaked prints Solution:
Change the Print Quality Settings (Windows)
Change the Print Quality Settings (Windows)
Quality setting controls how finely ink droplets are placed on the
printed page. Depending on the type of paper being used a higher Print
Quality setting does not always insure a better print. Print speed will
decrease as the Print Quality setting is increased. Follow the
instructions below to change the print quality settings in the Canon
printer driver for the Windows operating system through a printing
Click 'Properties' in the Print dialog box.
Note: Depending on the Application software, 'Properties' may be displayed as 'Preferences'.
Set the desired print quality in the 'Print Quality' section.
Select 'High', 'Standard', or 'Draft / Fast'.
To set more detailed print quality settings, follow this procedure:
Select 'Custom' and click 'Set'.
In the Set Print Quality dialog drag the slide bar from 'Fast' to 'Fine' to select the print quality.
Note: There are five options in 'Quality'. However, selectable options are limited depending on the media type.
Select 'Auto', 'Dither', or 'Diffusion' from the 'Halftoning' section.
Try opening the printer properties and cleaning the print heads (should probably be done each time a cartridge is changed), it uses some ink up but should clean the build up from running the previous cartridge dry and hopefully solve your printing problem.