Question about Haier XQB40-F Top Load Washer
I have had this washer for 3 years, and now (all of the sudden) the removable drain tube keeps popping out during use, and causing a minor flood in my kitchen -- HELP!!!!
HAIER HD308 DEHUMIDIFIER - THE HOSE TROUBLE
FOR CONTINUOUS WORKING AND WATER LOSS
COULD BE FIXED BY THE FRONT WARTER OUTLET
1) Unplug the machine before proceeding
2) Remove the water bucket. At this point the signal ''bucket full'' may light on. Notice it's impossible to activate the dehumidifier while the bucket is removed untill you put it back properly.
3) At the bucket's place, in a hole into the right upper corner, there's a metal switch wich is actived by the floater to make the machine stop automaticly when the bucket is normally full of water and for the signal light to respond.
Bypass the switch by wrapping it in a big chunk of some blue poster-gum sticker, then press it to the bottom BUT NOT TOO MUCH to make sure you don't break the metal switch or distort it. Put enough blue sticker gum to cover the hole flat to the rest of the plastic box.
4) Put some red Tuck tape the one used for car lights over the sticker gum BUT NOT TOO MUCH AGAIN, put it on the vertical side of the box around the hole only. You can also use vertical tape stripes to make eventual loss follow down to the lower plate normally holding the bucket (see step 5)
That will prevent the ''bucket full'' signal and stopping of the dehumidifier while working after the modifications.
5) Put a small piece of towel or absorbing cloth over the lower part of the inside box in case water condensing from the upper part of the inside box would drain.
6) At the front of the inside box, at the left upper corner, there's the common use water outlet wich drain normally the water into the bucket. Notice this part out of the front side is not very long, about an inch. Find about at least 4 feet of some aquarium air tubing or any transparent plastic soft tubbing FITTING EXACTLY the front water outlet. MAKE SURE THE TUBBING IS COVERING ALL THE OUTLET PART. USE A TUBBING A BIT BIGGER THAN THE OUTLET AND PUSH IT HARD TO MAKE IT FIT. DON'T GREASE OR MODIFY THE WATER OUTLET TO PLUG THE TUBBING. INSTEAD, HEAT THE TUBBING APPART IF NEEDED BUT NOT TOO MUCH AGAIN, this will povide elasticy to help you during few seconds placing the tubbing around the outlet. Notice the space between the outlet and the inside box edge is restricted. Tubbing not enough tight or tight enough but not well installed will unplug itself if not placed properly and may result in a hazardous drain to the floor.
7) Put a simple cable-tie (tie wrap) around the tube and pull BUT NOT TOO HARD, you don't want the water outlet to break! Make sure the tubbing is holding and verify each time you move the tubbing and-or the dehumidifier.
Some Crazy glue, epoxy glue or any harder stuff could make permanent tubbing option too, but DON'T USE HOT GLUE; heat of the gun tip and glue may damage or distort the tubing, and again water may infiltrate and drain out to the floor.
8) MAKE SURE THE CHOSEN DRAINING SPOT IS TOTALLY FREE, NO CLUG. Dispose the dehumidifier on a solid straight surface holding close to the chosen draining spot as the sink, the bath, the toilet, the shower drain, the washing-machine drain, etc. Put the end of the tubbing over the drain spot.
NEVER PUT THE DEHUMIDIFIER DIRECTLY INTO THE DRAINING SPOT LIKE STANDING IN THE BATH OR THE SINK BUT BESIDE, OBVIOUSLY NOT TOO CLOSE TO FALL IN.
Make sure the dehumidifier is placed higher than the drain spot to ALLOW THE TUBBING TO DRAIN DOWNWARD, NEVER LOOP FORM OR UP AND DOWN SHAPE THE TUBE. ALWAYS ONE WAY : DOWN BY GRAVITY to make sure the water is not blocking and submerging the whole thing from inside.
(This experimentale tubbing way had not yet tested the water pressure on this model).
9) If needed, with tie-wraps or tape, attach the tubbing to something heavy or designed for the task to help the tubbing keep pointing down it's way down the drain spot.
10) Plug the dehumidifier back, set it to function and ENJOY!
NOTICE THAT THE DEHUMIDIFIER WILL NOT STOP UNTILL YOU SHUT THE FUNCTION DOWN OR TEST IT'S LIFE TIME CAPACITY IN A CONTINUOUS WORKING.
PLEASE REPLY BACK IF YOU TRY THIS!
I NEED TO KNOW HOW LONG CAN A HAIER HD308 CAN LIVE THAT WAY BEFORE MALFUNCTIONNING OR STOPPING RIGHT DEAD.
Posted on Jul 06, 2012
I had the same problem with my Haier (same model). My solution was not very elegant, but it worked:
1) Drain washer + tube and ensure they are completely empty (no water left inside).
2) Remove drain tube and wipe connecting part dry.
3) Wrap duct tape around the part onto which you would normally stick the drain tube. This will make it harder for the tube to slip off. (Make sure that the opening is not obstructed by the tape.)
4) Put back drain tube + metal clamp.
5) Use some more duct tape to connect the exterior of the washer to the drain tube, and vice versa. If you use white tape, it won't look quite as hideous, and you will still save yourself trips to the laundromat.
6) Always monitor washer when in use.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 31, 2008
Are you able to glue or put a hose clamp on the hose.hope this helps
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2012 | Haier XQBM22-C Top Load Washer
Jul 11, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Jul 03, 2011 | Haier XQG50-11 Front Load Washer / Dryer
Dec 14, 2010 | LG WM2233H Front Load Stacked Washer /...
Jun 25, 2010 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jun 16, 2009 | Haier HDN655E Dehumidifier
Oct 10, 2008 | Haier HLP21E Top Load Washer
Aug 24, 2008 | Haier Dehumidifiers
Apr 28, 2007 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: