There is no picture on tv
1.is the tv plugged in & getting electric?
2. Does the tv show a raster,a blue screen.
3.is the tv getting an input signal , assuming that the answer to 1 &2 was yes.
4. Is your cable box plugged in.
5. are all the connections into your cable box connected
or did one fall of
6. did you pay your cable bill on time.
If your cable box is bad , the cable company should fix or replace it for free. If you or someone else unhooked the connections,say by tripping over them,the cable company will restore the connections and chatge you a service call fee.
7. do you have dish or direct tv? either of those services will loose picture if it is raining out and picture wont come back until after the storm passes.
8. if you have dish or direct tv, and a branch,a person or an animal, a bird, has fallen on the dish/direct tv antenna, it may have misalligned the dish and it will no longer recieve the satalite signal. THere is a reallignment service
available;dish network charges $95.00 unelse you have insurance,like i do,so it only cost me $15.00 I never had direct tv soi could not say, but dish net claims direct tv is more expensive
You can allign the antenna yourself ,if it is not on a steep roof. You need one person moving the antenna & another person at the tv telling him if the picture is getting better or worse. The dish box comes with a built in signal strength gague for that purpose.
enjoy considering these options and they next time you ask
please enclose all the information that you can so that we have something to go on and work with.
Oct 08, 2013 |
TV Receivers & DVRs