CONTROL DEVICE PROBLE: The chrome basial on top becomes disconnected from inside, allowing spring to lift thumb turn knob to lift upward, this disengages internal connect. This results in not being able to adjust the heat.
Apparently the basial has two prongs holding this assembly together. They are twisted on the bottom side and are very short, one of them releases, allowing assembly to push up & cease functioning
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disassembly - Indoor Unit
Disconnect the unit from power supply before making any checks.
Be sure the power switch is set to "OFF".
To remove the Grille from the Chassis.
• Set the up-and-down air discharge louver to open
position (horizontally) by finger pressure.
• Remove the securing screws.
• To remove the Grille, pull the lower left and right
side of the grille toward you (slightly tilted) and lift it
1. Before removing the control box, be sure to
take out the wire screwed at the other end.
2. To remove the Control Box.
• Remove securing screws.
• Pull the control box out from the chassis
3. To remove the Discharge Grille.
• Unhook the discharge grille and pull the
discharge grille out from the chassis carefully.
4. To remove the Evaporator.
• Remove 3 screws securing the evaporator(at the
left 2EA in the Eva Holder, at the right 1EA).
• When repair, do not damage the Caution label.
• Unhook the tab on the right inside of the chassis
at the same time, slightly pull the evaporator
toward you until the tab is clear of the slot.
5. To remove the Motor Cover
• Remove 2 securing screw.
• Pull the motor cover out from the chassis
6. To remove the Cross-Flow Fan
• Loosen the screw securing the cross-flow fan to
the fan motor (do not remove).
• Lift up the right side of the cross-flow fan and the
fan motor, separate the fan motor from the
everyone knows Cuisinart products save time and now they save space, as
well. The Cuisinart™ Grill & Griddle has a large reversible,
nonstick plate to make it two appliances in one. An embedded heating
element lets you evenly grill poultry, meats, fish and vegetables. Not
in the mood to grill? Flip the cooking plate and set the electric
thermostat to perfectly cook pancakes, eggs, crab cakes or fajitas!
I don't know where you live but I have had to replace two of these now and I go to Servicetek in Mississauga, Ontario 905-602-5191. I understand that this grill has been discontinued which is no surprise to me because the probe in particular is garbage. We originally paid about $135.00 Cdn. for this item and I have had to replace the probe twice at $35.00 plus tax per time. Once this one goes, I will replace it with a better quality item. Hope this helps.
Hi ,,, replacement cords for counter top appliances can be found at most appliance or building supply stores. Try Home Depot, Ace, Lowes. Take the unit wioth you to make sure you are getting the correct cord.
The only heat-producing piece on this model is the probe itself.
I'd say give the manufacturer (Cuisinart) a call. If you're under warranty, they can probably replace the probe for free. If you're out of warranty, you can purchas a probe (so either way, you're covered :))
Their phone number (according to their website, www.cuisinart.com ) is 1 800 726 0190