Question about Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
My printer keeps repeating paper intake procedure, but does not take the paper. I have tried this with other epson papers and the problem persists. Once in a while for no apparent reason it takes the paper, but this is 1 in 50. It is very frustrating and non productive.
Here is another alternative!
My girlfriend had the same problem as you and she discovered the best way to fix this problem is:
With a Cue tip and Rubbing Alcohol, clean smoothly the wheel on the right side of the printer.
That will work for sure ;)
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
Thank you so much to all the people who repsond to these types of things. It's 3am and I was about to launch my 1400 out the window. Cleaned the wheel and its taking the paper fine again. Must have been the excess fibres from the somerset textured paper. Thank you printer boffins!!
Posted on May 02, 2010
I had the same problem, and none of the solutions appeared to work. I finally got out my flashlight, and lo and behold, a small screw had fallen off an adjacent shelf near the printer and was lodged at the bottom of the paper-feeding mechanism, near the pinch clip. Removed the screw (it was definitively NOT from the printer, I know what device it came from) and all has been fine. So, if all else fails, MAKE SURE that no foreign objects have fallen into the paper feed area!
Posted on May 27, 2009
SOLUTION! We had exactly the same very frustrating problem. The paper would feed about 1 in 20 goes with nothing printed on it. Finally we realized the back of the paper feeder with the pinch clip on it can be set to a forward or backward position. The solution is to grab the pinch clip (that adjusts the paper width to A4 or A3) and wiggle it until the tray clicks into the forward/up position. The paper should now meet with the rollers correctly and feed through without any trouble. I have no idea what the backward position is for (maybe to feed through a mattress, or just to frustrate the hell out of you on your easter weekend!) The result however is that it is now working perfectly. Chris
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Usually caused by excess fibre build up on the paper feed roller. Whenever I use an Inkpress paper to make postcards, the paper feed stops after 5-6 sheets. I solve the problem by pressing a piece of adhesive tape on the surface of the feed roller while it is stopped, then pulling it off. Several applications are sometimes required. Occasionall I use a dry toothbrush and brush the roller sideways with the grooves while it is feeding with paper rmoved. The sticky sheets that Epson sells work, but are too expensive to use frequently.
Posted on Sep 01, 2012
Another solution to clearing the paper feed error is instead of just turning off the printer -- unplug it from the wall for about 30 seconds. There is some residual memory that unplugging it will clear. This works on the professional level Epsons so maybe it will work here.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
I have an EPSON Photo 1400, its only a couple of months old. I had a bad paper jam and now the "out of paper" light is blinking really fast, faster then normal. I pushed the button and the paper feeds trough but I can't it to print or the light to turn off. Also my ink low light is on and when I push it to replace the ink nothing happens. I have turned the printer off and rebooted my computer turned everything back on and still have the same problem.
Posted on Jun 29, 2010
SOURCE: Epson stylus photo 830
Yes it can probably be fixed. I hope you poked your friend in the eye for giving you such a headache though. You will need to dismantle the machine and remove the Auto Sheet Feeder (ASF) Once removed, check there is no bits of paper stuck inside. Then turn the pick up mechanisme by hand through a couple of revolutions to re synch everything. Also check the paper sensor is still intact - if not you can construct a new one from a piece of plastic or if the old one is still present, just glue it back together. You can download a service manual to hep you out with the dismantling from either: http://www.TheServiceManualShop.com http://mikeburton.tradebit.com/
Posted on Apr 12, 2007
SOURCE: Epson Stylus D88 Plus paper jam
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my
C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade
screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and
two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force
pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
14. By the way I use generic ink and I fill my own cartridges. I use ink from www.atlanticinkjet.com. Great stuff.
try this and let me know it worked or not ...
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2011 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 09, 2011 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 16, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Printer
Sep 09, 2011 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 30, 2010 | Epson STYLUS R350 Photo Printer
Nov 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 15, 2009 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 04, 2009 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 14, 2008 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 30, 2014 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
7,146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!