I already have a previous version of finepix viewer that I use regularly but now I have a new F40fd. Do I need to install the new software which came with the camera. If I do will it affect the version and photos I already have stored in finepix albums.
If you like the finepix viewer for whatever reason, then upgrade to the new version. It will not remove your photos unless you are prompted to do so and click yes. You can always copy them to another directory temporarily if you are worried. 99% of photo viewer software will save the previous settings.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Downloading photos from new F40fd
!, There is no need for Software supplied with ANY camera to be installed- t is best left in the box. Windows will detect and camera a put uo the Scanner/Camera Wizard from whence you can direct images to exazctly where you want them. So remove any software- none required.. All images are stored by default in My Document/My pictures or [and check this before you delete any software] My Computer/'C'/Programs/FinePix to check.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In this case you would have to check the autorun settings in your finepix viewer sofware , there may be a setting which would indicate autorun or autostart for the finepix viewer desktop application , once you discover it , you would have to disable it, if not then please try uninstalling the finepix software and then reinstalling it so that it loads the default settings that was ok for you earlier.
Hope this helps ..:)
If you have any further queries, just get back to me and I would love to help you out.
The lens needs to be dismantled and reset.
If your camera is under warranty then fuji will replace for free. If not then it may cost around £90 to have the lens unit replaced.
Cost of repair will depend on where you take it to get it repaired and will undoubtedly be more than the cost of a new camera.
It can be repaired for as little as £30 if you look hard enough ;-)
The lens Is trying to close properly but the focus mechanism has a problem, most likely jammed, so the lens cannot correctly close or work properly.
It will need to be opened up and reset.
Please email me. My email address is listed in my tips section on my profile.
I only use WINDOWS so this solution is not applicable for MAC or LINUX
1) Connect cable to camera ( camera is turned off). There is a picture on page 131 of the manual
2) Connect other end of cable to PC ( PC should already be on)
3) Turn camera on by pressing PLAY button on the back and holding until camera starts. This method of turning on and off means the lens will not operate and so is ideal for when connecting to computer. Your camera LCD should like up and it should display "USB" on a white background.
4) If you have not installed the drivers (from the installation CD-ROM) then windows will try to install the software and depending on the WINDOWS version then you may be prompted to insert the CD-ROM.
5) Once drivers are installed you should get a confirmation that hardware is ready for use. If you have already installed the drivers and Finepix viewer then finepix viewer should open automatically. Finepix crashes on my PC (Windows VISTA is rubbish!) so I just use windows explorer.
6) The camera appears as an external drive in windows exploere. Look for FinePix S8000fd. Expand the folder contents until you get to a folder called 100_FUJI. The pictures from the camera are in here.
7) Use copy and paste to copy from Camera to a folder of your choice. I have a folder called "Photos" and other folders inside it arranged by date.
8) When you have finished you must turn the camera off before disconnecting. Press and hold the PLAY button until LCD swithces off and disconnect cable from PC then camera