- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Change your rings-to-answer from the default of "1" to "3". This is found in the basic fax setup on the control panel of the printer itself.
This solved the problem for receiving faxes that I was having when testing fax reception by the HP 2320nf from an dedicated fax. The remote fax would fail after repeated rings with a "BUSY" indication in the fax error report it printed. "BUSY" equals either actually "busy" or also it can mean "no answer".
What I found on the 2320nf end was that it had detected an inbound fax but never answered it. The color LCD on it had "fax received" but the device itself appeared hung.
Good Day Sir, I have a solution to your problem, hope this will help you.
"HP 4315 officejet fax failed" solution:
Turn off the machine by using the ON button and then unplug the power cord from the back of the machine. After a few seconds, plug the power cord back in and turn the power on.
Try to send or receive a test fax.
If you are running the test from the Fax Setup Wizard (windows) or Fax Setup Utility(Mac), Make sure the Machine is not busy completing another task, such as receiving a fax or making a copy. Check the display for a message indicating that the machine is busy.If it is busy, wait until it is finished and in the idle state.
Make sure you use the phone cord that came with the machine. If you do not use the supplied phone cord to connect from the telephone wall jack to the HP All-in-One, YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO SEND OR RECEIVE faxes. then after you plug run the test again.
If you are using a PHONE SPLITTER, this can cause faxing problems. connect the machine directly to the telephone wall jack.
run the test again to make sure it passes and the machine is ready for faxing.
1. Make sure that the memory does not have any faxes in it waiting to be sent if so send them.
2. Make sure that the memory does not contain any received faxes still waiting to be printed if so print them.
3. Use the HP ToolboxFX Fax tab to perform fax tasks from the computer. The Fax tab contains links to the following main pages:
● Fax Tasks. Perform such tasks as sending a fax or clearing the fax memory.
● Fax Data Properties. Manage the space used to store faxes on a computer. These settings apply only if you have chosen to send or receive faxes remotely from the computer.
The enhanced I/O (EIO) feature allows all-in-one memory to be used for storing data received from the
host computer. When EIO is enabled, more data can be sent to the all-in-one in shorter amounts of time
so that the user can return to the software program more quickly. The
EIO feature has the followingoptions:
● Auto. The all-in-one uses EIO memory allocation to increase the speed of data transfer from the host computer to the all-in-one, if necessary. The default setting is Auto.
● Off. The minimum amount of all-in-one memory is used to store data that is sent from the host computer.
● Page Protect. The formatter creates the entire page image in page-buffer memory before physically moving the media through the all-in-one. This process ensures that the entire page is printed.
the number is busy. Try pressing the monitor button and listening for a dial tone. No dial tone means your phone line is not working. If you have dial tone, dial the number you wish to fax and listen to see if it picks up. If you get a busy signal, or hear someone answer, that is why it's not working. If you hear the fax tones, press start and send your document. This is a way to fax that allows you to hear the whole process.
This issue can occur when the receive-to-PC setting was previously enabled for the PC connected to the printer, and the user is trying to enable this feature once again without disabling the previously enabled setting. This is because the receive-to-PC setting can be activated only from one computer. Perform the following steps in the correct order to re-activate the receive-to-PC setting: 1. Turn the receive-to-PC setting off from the all-in-one printer control panel. Here are the steps to be performed from the printer: a. On the all-in-one control panel, press Menu . b. Use the < or the > (left or right arrow) button to select Fax functions , and then press Enter . c. After you selected the Stop Recv to PC setting (any faxes that remain in the all-in-one memory are printed). 2. Next, to turn the receive-to-PC setting on from the printer software, perform the following steps from the printer: a. Open HP ToolboxFX . b. Select the HP LaserJet 3050 / 3055 / 3390 / 3392 all-in-one. c. Click Fax . d. Click Fax Tasks . e. Under Fax Receive Mode , select Receive faxes to this computer . Performing the preceding steps should ensure that the user is able to select/activate the receive-to-PC setting.
check the printer property if the colour ink is mark also check the ink level if you still have ink in the cartrige. to go to the printer property click on start menu locate printer and fax click on it when open move mouse on your printer name and right click on it scrown down to property that it the last task then click on the general task click "printing references" when another task open click on the advanced. There you can find the black and white or colour you can then select which task you want to do in some clolour printer task promt automatically which you can select the task you want to perform but in other printer you have to go to the printer property to specified which task you want to do. if you have low ink level then you have to change your cartrige to new refilled ink.